Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Adrian Street - Tributes Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Adrian Street

What's Hot
robertyroberty Frets: 10231
Absolute legend. His books are a fascinating glimpse into the culture and attitudes of 1960s and 70s UK, as well as being riotously entertaining. RIP

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-66361848

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    As a kid I was a big fan! For some reason I liked all the bad boys of wrestling. Adrian was my fave until Kendo Nagasaki came along. He was the best horrible tag team with Bobby Barnes!

Amazing that he managed to go his own way coming from a mining community - the clothes, the make-up and the wrestling can't have gone down well at all! One of the great characters of British Wrestling
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • oh_pollooh_pollo Frets: 742
    There's a film waiting to be made there.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    edited July 2023
    I liked him when watching the wrestling on Saturday 70's TV with my Nanna. Also love that he once beat the crap out of Jimmy Savile :-D
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/i-beat-jimmy-savile-black-6265408
    That'll do lad, RIP 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 11742
    I remember him from Saturday afternoons too. Can’t have even been easy growing up with a name like Adrian in a tough community, bit like Shirley Crabtree/Big Daddy, let alone going for the full on make up and sparkles. 

RIP
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 5849
    I liked him when watching the wrestling on Saturday 70's TV with my Nanna. Also love that he once beat the crap out of Jimmy Savile :-D
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/i-beat-jimmy-savile-black-6265408
    That'll do lad, RIP 
    Lol, I too used to watch the wrestling with my nan back in the 70s on a Saturday. She was usually mild mannered but would shout at the tv when her favourites were getting pasted. :grin: 
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    axisus said:
    As a kid I was a big fan! For some reason I liked all the bad boys of wrestling. Adrian was my fave until Kendo Nagasaki came along. He was the best horrible tag team with Bobby Barnes!

Amazing that he managed to go his own way coming from a mining community - the clothes, the make-up and the wrestling can't have gone down well at all! One of the great characters of British Wrestling
    He made his way to swinging London and met all sorts of characters. His autobiography series is really eye opening. On one hand there was this cultural explosion, and on the other he and his girlfriend struggled to find a flat to rent because they weren't married
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3841
    Oh, wow! I remember that guy..! RIP
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.