Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Ooh - a lovely pairing (Klone + Timmy) (also: odd how your ear tunes in) - FX Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Ooh - a lovely pairing (Klone + Timmy) (also: odd how your ear tunes in)

What's Hot
TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 6976
edited July 2023 in FX
Just tried these in to a clean TMDR 

Sound fab both with humbuckers and my new foray into Tele-town.

What's also odd is how your ear tunes in - I'd been playing with these for a while and then went to the Lightspeed and it seemed really meh in comparison - which I know it isn’t - I think my ear had just got so in to one sound that ‘different’ just seemed less good. I wonder how often that happens? 
"Congratulations on being officially the most right anyone has ever been about anything, ever." -- Noisepolluter knows the score
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 2811
    I’m not a huge Klon fan, but the Timmy in its many guises is the perfect stacking pedal in my opinion. It just works great at bringing out the best of the pedal it’s working with. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    Yeah, Archer into Jan Ray is one of my absolute favourite combinations - fat, squelchy and utterly impossible to not raise a massive grin
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 6976
    Oddly using the Lightspeed in place of the Timmy here is far too bass-light (and maybe lower-mids-light too) whereas I bloody love it usually 
    "Congratulations on being officially the most right anyone has ever been about anything, ever." -- Noisepolluter knows the score
  • andy_kandy_k Frets: 808
    Klone into Angry Andy ( JHS AT clone, Guvner type thing) is all the drive I use, in fact I use the Klone in front of most things, and I agree there is something special about the Timmy, based on my own Tommy and Der Ray versions, Tims only cut bass, and it can get a bit nasal with the Klone if overused, I tend to always have the Klones set at 12 o'clock, but they do vary a bit.
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8281
    Now... a Timmy into a Rat. That is a combo of the gods. It's what the Klon wishes it was!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • markslade07markslade07 Frets: 811
    What’s a decent, cheap-ish Timmy clone? 
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2064
    MXR Timmy! But the volume control is very sensitive.
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3543
    Caline Blue Sky is a decent and very cheap clone.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • RichRich Frets: 18
    The Caline is great, but my tip is the new NUX 65. It’s a Jan Ray clone, and it’s slightly smoother sounding than the Pure Sky (to my ears). I saw it at the NAMM Show this year and NUX sent me one to make a video with it. I hate blowing my own trumpet here and linking my own vids but yeah, there is a little A/B test with the Timmy in there too, which might be helpful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHc1EaRvzJE
    Rich said:
    The Caline is great, but my tip is the new NUX 65. It’s a Jan Ray clone, and it’s slightly smoother sounding than the Pure Sky (to my ears). I saw it at the NAMM Show this year and NUX sent me one to make a video with it. I hate blowing my own trumpet here and linking my own vids but yeah, there is a little A/B test with the Timmy in there too, which might be helpful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHc1EaRvzJE
    I didn't know you were on here - I've enjoyed your videos in the past - good to see you here 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I’ve got a Caline Blue Sky…sounds like crap through my Twin! There’s this weird fizzy-ness to every note!
    I’ve got a Caline Blue Sky…sounds like crap through my Twin! There’s this weird fizzy-ness to every note!
    If that’s the TM Twin, do you know whether the virtual bright cap is engaged?
  • Keefy said:
    I’ve got a Caline Blue Sky…sounds like crap through my Twin! There’s this weird fizzy-ness to every note!
    I have a physical bright switch that is off and I go into the low input which helps a little. I may well be wrong, but I think the virtual bright cap was only on the Deluxe? Probably flogging the amp anyway so not overly worried. Perhaps the Pure Sky will work better with a different amp
    Keefy said:
    I have a physical bright switch that is off and I go into the low input which helps a little. I may well be wrong, but I think the virtual bright cap was only on the Deluxe? Probably flogging the amp anyway so not overly worried. Perhaps the Pure Sky will work better with a different amp
    My mistake, shows how well I know the Twin i.e. not very!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    One of the Caline Blue Sky tests I saw on YouTube had it sound IDENTICAL to a Jan Ray when both were in to a slightly driven amp but noticeably not as nice when the amp was set clean 
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 2811
    edited August 2023
    Has anyone noticed the new Mosky that has switchable Timmy 1, Timmy 2 and Jan Ray modes? Might need to try it.
  • RichRich Frets: 18
    TimmyO said:
    Rich said:
    I didn't know you were on here - I've enjoyed your videos in the past - good to see you here 
    Yep, I’ve been a lurker since the MR days! Thanks a lot, very happy to hear that