Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). NAD: Blackstar St. James EL34 - Amps Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

NAD: Blackstar St. James EL34

What's Hot
chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3543
Got this to replace my Tone Master Princeton as I wanted a a two channel amp, and wanted to keep the features of the TM, such as the power reduction and XLR out.

Channel 1 is Fender enough and sounds great clean with a bit of reverb.  I’ve got channel 2 sounding quite like a nice driven Vox. I’ve not tried any pedals yet as I’ve been really happy with the amp sounds.

I did really like the TM and would highly recommend them, but I’m really happy with this and with my decision to switch.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• NikcNikc Frets: 613
    Nice.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • abw1989abw1989 Frets: 569
    Can you explain the EQ on these for me please?

The manual says it has dual pots but the one I tried only had one knob for bass, middle, treble. Is the EQ just voiced differently on each channel or is there a way to set, for example, channel one treble at three and channel two treble at six?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3543
    edited July 2023
    abw1989 said:
    Can you explain the EQ on these for me please?

The manual says it has dual pots but the one I tried only had one knob for bass, middle, treble. Is the EQ just voiced differently on each channel or is there a way to set, for example, channel one treble at three and channel two treble at six?
    They are voiced differently per channel, but unfortunately they cannot “store” different settings.

I quickly found a point that I’m happy, that works well enough across the two.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Bats_Bats_ Frets: 29
    I’ve got a 6L6 combo recently and really liking it. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3543
    Just thought I’d follow up on this now I’ve used it a fair bit at home on the 2w setting and for two rehearsals on full power… it’s great. I’m finding it easy to dial in and it sounds really nice, clean and dirty. First gig with it tomorrow…