Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Wtb vintage strat - Guitars £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Wtb vintage strat

What's Hot
bloomerbloomer Frets: 195
Anyone have a nice old strat they're looking to part with, pre 1967?
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• TDubsTDubs Frets: 511
    Richard Henry has a refin ‘60 available and I think V&R have a refin ‘66 about to go live but not sure on the finer details of the latter.

Hanks have a ‘66 and ATB have a few.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • bloomerbloomer Frets: 195
    Thanks @TDubs, anyone else got a line on a vintage strat?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Still looking!
  • paul111spaul111s Frets: 105
    £25k for a refin? Crikey the world has gone mad! I sold a 63 Clive brown re fin 3 years back for £6.5k …maybe I should of kept it lol
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8207
    edited August 2023 tFB Trader
    paul111s said:
    £25k for a refin? Crikey the world has gone mad! I sold a 63 Clive brown re fin 3 years back for £6.5k …maybe I should of kept it lol
    Worth a call or message to discuss it. I don’t think passing judgement on price in the classifieds is welcome here though. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    paul111s said:
    Worth a call or message to discuss it. I don’t think passing judgement on price in the classifieds is welcome here though. 
    It’s my prerogative to say as I wish, I for one think it’s over priced at £25k , if you don’t then that’s your prerogative. As far as I can see it’s not in the classifieds so not sure what you’re on about. Have a good evening
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GuyRGuyR Frets: 1261
    Guitar avenue have a couple listed at less celestial prices.
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8207
    tFB Trader
    paul111s said:
    paul111s said:
    It’s my prerogative to say as I wish, I for one think it’s over priced at £25k , if you don’t then that’s your prerogative. As far as I can see it’s not in the classifieds so not sure what you’re on about. Have a good evening
    It’s literally in “guitars £” which is the classifieds. I was simply regurgitating one of the rules that the forum has on their list. No need to get so defensive.

* Im having a smashing evening btw, ta muchly 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    paul111s said:
    paul111s said:
    It’s literally in “guitars £” which is the classifieds. I was simply regurgitating one of the rules that the forum has on their list. No need to get so defensive.

* Im having a smashing evening btw, ta muchly 
    The guitar you put a link to isn’t for sale in the classifieds on here though is it? 
    Thanks for the advice Karen , I’m sure to ignore it. 
    Thanks @GoldenEraGuitars very nice piece of ash on the body. 

@GuyR I did contact guitaravenue about the Daphne blue but didn't hear back. I'm leaning towards getting an original sunburst finish now but so few come up for sale in the UK.  

This one in France fits the bill

https://www.mattsguitar.shop/en/guitares-stock/fender-1964-stratocaster-sunburst

But....it's in France
  • @bloomer dont know what the deal is with Guitar Avenue.. I contacted them several times over a number of weeks about the Green Strat they have listed with no reply .. After about the 4th attempt they Eventually replied saying it was sold.  That was about a month ago and its still showing for sale on their site.. 
    @kennyabis yeh I get the feeling he's not a motivated seller and no doubt they update the site once or twice a year. Best experience I've had so far communicating with a vintage dealer was pym, replies very quickly 
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 9175
    edited August 2023
    kennyabis said:
    @bloomer dont know what the deal is with Guitar Avenue.. I contacted them several times over a number of weeks about the Green Strat they have listed with no reply .. After about the 4th attempt they Eventually replied saying it was sold.  That was about a month ago and its still showing for sale on their site.. 
    A lot of these places are just really bad with their communication. I have an old Strat I was thinking of selling, sent an email to a popular shop/dealer, got a reply, sent them about 30 pictures and then no reply. And then I chased it and again, no reply. I've a couple of friends who have had this issue with them, and others, and I've also received no reply from Guitar Avenue before. I changed my mind in the end so maybe it was a good thing lol
  • bgmartinsbridgebgmartinsbridge Frets: 2773
    edited August 2023
    I got a reply on Friday from Guitar Avenue from an email I sent them in 2019.

Not a joke. Four years.

Sorry, guitar village! 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • MikeCMikeC Frets: 389
    edited August 2023
    Funny as I contacted Gary at guitar avenue via their website last week and he called back pretty quickly. Lovely guy. I suspect he’s semi retired so replies might be a bit random? 
    Up, still looking