Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). FT - 1982 Yamaha SG2000s - Guitars £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

FT - 1982 Yamaha SG2000s

What's Hot
BusheySiBusheySi Frets: 63
edited July 2023 in Guitars £
Putting this up for trade to see if anyone wants to do an interesting deal.  

This SG2000s is from 1982.   I have all the original hardware .  The pots have been upgraded and the bridge pickup switched to a Seymour Duncan SH6 but I have every piece of original hardware.  It has the original hardcase too.  I took it in a trade around a year ago but haven't played it so looking for something else.   The previous owner had it for 15 years.  It's got a few dings consistent with a guitar of it's age, but it's generally in very good condition.

If anyone is interested in trades I'd be interested anything really - even pointy metal guitars are good.  Based in Herts and not into shipping guitars, so would need to exchange in person.

Weighs in at 4.6kg!

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• mark123mark123 Frets: 1257
    Is this the SG2000S ? Or SG2000 ?
    I think the 2000 didn't have coil taps and the 'S' model had coil taps/ different pickups and slightly thinner body , but if you search online you will get even more conflicting reports .
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BusheySiBusheySi Frets: 63
    It's the SG2000S - apologies I missed that off!  The listing is now corrected.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1257
    BusheySi said:
    No problem i wasn't being pedantic i just genually wanted to know , i still don't know if i'm right about the differences between the 2000and the 2000S models ?, some online say it was because of imports into the U.K ? .

I have p'med you with a straight swap guitar , i said i would never get rid of the guitar i've offered but yours has sucked me in .
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Rocky1991Rocky1991 Frets: 308
    Lovely guitar, think any interested party wopild be interested in the weight?
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    Be seeing you.
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    Very nice. I have an SG1000 from that year, also with a SD in the bridge. One of the best guitars I've played
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 7650
    Correct! :D

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

Rocky1991 said:
    Lovely guitar, think any interested party wopild be interested in the weight?
    Weighs in at 4.6kg!
    Sunday evening bump 
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3782
    What would the cash price be?
    Loobs said:
    Just looking for a trade for now. 
  • BusheySi said:
    Loobs said:
    I’ve a vintage Marlin Sidewinder to trade. Has been upgraded and plays like a butter-smeared Harley Benton with mods. 
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 9212
    I've always wanted an SG2000.  My only problem is that don't want to get rid of any of my current guitars so I have nothing to trade :-( 
    BusheySi said:
    Loobs said:
    I’ve a vintage Marlin Sidewinder to trade. Has been upgraded and plays like a butter-smeared Harley Benton with mods. 
    Gaffer tape a couple of grand to it and it's a deal.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Bumpin' this 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 12794
    tFB Trader
    mark123 said:
    BusheySi said:
    No problem i wasn't being pedantic i just genually wanted to know , i still don't know if i'm right about the differences between the 2000and the 2000S models ?, some online say it was because of imports into the U.K ? .

I have p'med you with a straight swap guitar , i said i would never get rid of the guitar i've offered but yours has sucked me in .
    As far as I know/recall, the only difference was the S was added when they released/updated it a little while later with coil taps - The original SG1000, from the late 70's had the same pick-ups as the 2000, but they spec'd it with the push/push coil tap option - There was also an SBG2000 which was the same as the SG2000 but Yamaha had to change the model name after complaints from Gibson, that the SG name was part of their brand/copy right/IPR - Some SBG's did get into the UK, but they are the same as the SG2000
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • bumping this!
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 2922
    Got any pics? Or are in the first post and just not working for me?