Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Two Rock Studio Pro 22 - £1675 Inc p&p - Amps £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Two Rock Studio Pro 22 - £1675 Inc p&p

What's Hot
BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4327
edited September 2023 in Amps £
Evening all, I bought this last year from the gentleman that is Dodge to scratch an itch, as I've not owned a Fender since having a Silverface Twin many years ago.

It is a beautiful sounding amp, but it's really not going to get played much now because I have another squeeze that's replaced it. On top of that I'm a Marshall guy at heart and every now and then it's nice to dip into that Fender clean but that's it, so it will sit gathering dust and for such a lovely amp that's a crime.

It sounds amazing, very much in the Fender ballpark but obviously not as crazy loud as a Twin!! The reverb is decent (I've moved the tank to the bottom of the cab which adds a bit more depth to it), can sound mellow or full depending on how you set it. The amp itself is one channel with a lot of tonal options. It's great to have a bright switch, 12" speaker, and a full TMB tone stack. The lead tones aren't great but that's not why these are good. With a comp it'll do Sultans for days, with a TS style OD it'll do great blues tones. Its a genuine P2P wired US made Fender and sounds better than most with Schumacher transformers, lightweight pine cab, Mallory caps, etc..

Its got a some JAN USA made preamp valves, except for V1 and the reverb driver, and a pretty new set of 6V6s in the power section. Not long after I got it, I took it to a local tech (Rob at Pro Audio Service in Coalville) who gave it a once over, rebiased it for the new power valves and got it sounding spot on again. He also added screen-grid resistors which weren't included on the original schematic and uprated the bias feed resistor. If you go to the following website, you see they recommend this for reliability and protective reasons:

http://www.stratopastor.org.uk/strato/amps/prii/modifications/relmods/relmods.html

Secondly I removed the original speaker which showed signs of repairs due to holes and added a Jensen C12R, which has a real Fender type sound and is similar to the original 10" in the 60s Princeton Reverb. Sounds excellent and will only improve as it breaks in, I will include the original speaker too because it still works fine just isn't the best sounding.

There's a few age related marks on the tolex and signs of general use including the odd scratch and a small tear in the grille cloth but it's nearly 40 years old so to be expected I guess! There is no footswitch either unfortunately, they weren't standard back in 83. Otherwise it's in very good nick and would love a new owner to cherish it. If I could keep it I would but it's not practical so unfortunately grab it while it's hot!

In the interest of honesty before anyone pretends to be Columbo and thinks they're clever, its up for more than I bought it for. This is two fold, I spent a pretty penny getting the work done to make it perfect again and making it more reliable, plus I added a brand new Jensen speaker. I'm still in two minds also because it's a great amp! 

Looking for £700 - ON HOLD, no trades I'm afraid as I need the money.

I can't ship it so it's collection only from Leicestershire where I'm pretty central to most. Or I can deliver it or meet you down near Aylesbury if that's preferable too as I work near there.

Any questions then let me know 

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• DodgeDodge Frets: 1296
    Wonderful amp that I'd have back in a heartbeat if I had room.

The PRII has the best cleans of all the Rivera era Fenders.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4327
    edited September 2023
    Two Rock Studio Pro 22 - £1675 shipped.

I bought this recently, and it's a great gateway into the Two Rock sound, impeccably made, sounds great as you'd expect and is perfect for what it's designed for, a grab and go combo complete with that Two-Rock reverb.

Exceptional cleans, brilliant edge of breakup tones and the renowned TR build quality. The original TR speaker was already replaced with a Celestion unfortunately and I didn't like the darker sound so switched it for a Celestion Anniversary which is a much more balanced tone.

The only issue is that a previous owner has rubbed the writing so hard on the middle pot when cleaning that it's faded somewhat. Otherwise it's in fine fettle.

Unfortunately as good as it is, it hasn't replaced my other amps and I need the cash so it's bye bye.

I do have the box for this, so can ship it at cost but at your own risk, I would much prefer to drop it off or have you collect and try it out of course. I can of course deliver it around the Leicestershire or Aylesbury/greater London area as ever too.

For this weekend only, I can have this in the North East for you if it's a little closer for collection. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • MikeCMikeC Frets: 389
    Loved mine and regret selling it, but have too manty amps at the moment else I'd be interested. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited July 2023
    MikeC said:
    Loved mine and regret selling it, but have too manty amps at the moment else I'd be interested. 
    Bless you, they are great TBF, I'll probably be regretful like you are now!!

I've just picked it up to photograph it and remembered how light it is. Damnit!!

• marxskimarxski Frets: 201
    Just giving a bump here.. I band mate had one of these in late 80s and the cleans were sublime. For those that are wanting the Super Champ this is a very close circuit with added benefit of a 12” and larger enclosure.
    marxski said:
    Just giving a bump here.. I band mate had one of these in late 80s and the cleans were sublime. For those that are wanting the Super Champ this is a very close circuit with added benefit of a 12” and larger enclosure.
    Cheers mate :) it is a stellar amp..... Why am I selling it again!!! 

Boromedic said:

Why are you selling it?!  USA vintage Fender, handwired, pine cab and sounds fantastic.  The only weakness with these amps is the speaker, which you've sorted.  I'd take this over a Princeton Reveb of any era, any day of the week.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2588
    I’d buy it, but I already have one and it’s not going anywhere. 
    Dodge said:
    Boromedic said:

Why are you selling it?!  USA vintage Fender, handwired, pine cab and sounds fantastic.  The only weakness with these amps is the speaker, which you've sorted.  I'd take this over a Princeton Reveb of any era, any day of the week.
    I may or may not have purchased something else!! I'm blaming @sweepy ...... :)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Bump for a fine Fender amp

Bump 

Bump - I can switch the Jensen out for a Celestion G12H-30 70th Anniversary instead if you'd prefer. It's louder and has a different tonal emphasis, so less Fendery and more balanced. I will also include the original speaker too of course. 

Bump

• veldt666veldt666 Frets: 83
    Why can’t you pack and ship this amp?

veldt666 said:
    Why can’t you pack and ship this amp?

I don't have either the materials or the will to ship an amp. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• veldt666veldt666 Frets: 83
    No inconvenience caused.
    Will, is required, to ship an amp?
    I think, effort is what’s needed, obviously, you can’t be bothered.
    Good luck, with your, “Local” sale.
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 6476
    edited August 2023
    veldt666 said:
    No inconvenience caused.
    Seriously , what is wrong with people at the moment.

The guy is selling an amp at a fair price that he can’t be arsed to box up and ship  or doesn’t want to risk with a courier - that’s not a crime , it’s his choice to do as he pleases:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited August 2023
    veldt666 said:
    No inconvenience caused.

You, might, want to, read the, Fretboard, Rules.  Particularly rule #1:  https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/49018/thefretboard-rules-2-0

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited August 2023
    veldt666 said:
    No inconvenience caused.
    No I think you'll find I don't have the 'will' to package it and ship it, it's too much hassle for something so bulky and at risk of being dropped and damaged. Also without correct packaging it's at the 'will' of the courier that the really heavy, non professionally packaged item makes it in one piece without damage. I have shipped plenty of things but I'm not putting a lovely amp in the hands of those guys, so do one with your insinuation of laziness.

So 'will' you please refrain from commenting and derailing my thread, especially if you're going to be rude and unnecessary. You could have just pm'd me after all, Con is right, why are people being such dicks at the mo. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Bump

Bump

edited August 2023
    Bump open to sensible offers, also happy to travel a reasonable distance 

Bump

• BorkBork Frets: 231
    I have one and it's my favourite amp amongst a load of Marshall, Mesa and Burman stuff.  Really thick sounding like a good modded Fender should be and the overdrive isn't as bad as some cork sniffers out there might want you to believe.

[This space for rent]

Bork said:
    I have one and it's my favourite amp amongst a load of Marshall, Mesa and Burman stuff.  Really thick sounding like a good modded Fender should be and the overdrive isn't as bad as some cork sniffers out there might want you to believe.
    Cheers, yeah it's a great sounding amp, I'm still in two minds to be honest. GAS is real!

• BorkBork Frets: 231
    The only thing better in my mind would be a Rivera Stage IV - which is pretty much a refined and updated version of the same thing.  Assuming they're available in 220/240v.

[This space for rent]

Bump - ^^Perhaps a Jaz 20/40 might be better ;)

Bump - Two Rock added.....

Bump

Bump