Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). DOD 250 going cheaper than normal! - FX Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

DOD 250 going cheaper than normal!

What's Hot
Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2100
Juno are great for vinyl (excellent service) and they also do studio gear and pedals.

Use JULY2023 for another 10% off! I've been waiting for a deal on a 250.

DOD Overdrive Preamp 250 Distortion & Boost Effects Pedal (yellow) at Juno Records.

AND free shipping. 

Makes the JHS version look daft.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• jpttaylorjpttaylor Frets: 453
    My favourite overdrive - just the perfect amount of grit and a little bass cut to make it work in the mix. It’s so good that it doesn’t need a tone control! It’s never leaving my board.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ElectricXIIElectricXII Frets: 733
    I could be tempted, as I've never had one, and I think they look cool. What'll it do that my Timmy and Hot Cake can't?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7202
    I could be tempted, as I've never had one, and I think they look cool. What'll it do that my Timmy and Hot Cake can't?
    More gritty/fizzy than both, drives a dirty amp nicely with less compression. Great for 70's rock rhythm playing. I wouldnt use it for a clean amp. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    More gritty/fizzy than both, drives a dirty amp nicely with less compression. Great for 70's rock rhythm playing. I wouldnt use it for a clean amp. 
    Thanks @Winny_Pooh. ;
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    jpttaylor said:
    My favourite overdrive - just the perfect amount of grit and a little bass cut to make it work in the mix. It’s so good that it doesn’t need a tone control! It’s never leaving my board.
    Yeah it's a wonder machine. So many uses for it 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30022
    edited July 2023
    I've got 3 of them from various dates.
    Apart from slightly different levels of output, they all sound the same.
    I’m gigging with a Vox AC15, usually on the edge of breakup with pedals for more drive. I’ve heard the DOD doesn’t sound good with Vox amps. Is this true?
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    Sassafras said:
    I've got 3 of them from various dates.
    Apart from slightly different levels of output, they all sound the same.
    I sold my '84 and kept my reissue, many moons ago
  • alalalkasaralalalkasar Frets: 345
    I’m gigging with a Vox AC15, usually on the edge of breakup with pedals for more drive. I’ve heard the DOD doesn’t sound good with Vox amps. Is this true?
    I use mine with AC15 some times and I like it. Sounding "good" is subjective, what kind of sound do you want?
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 8918
    Good spot.

£68.84 delivered from Juno - who by the way, offer superb service.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    I use mine with AC15 some times and I like it. Sounding "good" is subjective, what kind of sound do you want?
    It's mostly classic rock covers in my current band. I'm using an LP Special with P90s and a Tele with a humbucker in the neck position. Since I last commented, I found this video by Elmo Karjalainen where he demos the DOD with an AC10, and it sounds pants to my ears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJjpaaT5zJg&t=443s
  • oh_pollooh_pollo Frets: 742
    Now showing as out of stock*.

*I may have bought the last one.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 8918
    Well, I’ve never played one of these before…

Arrived today and very impressive.

Me likey.