Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Sine Effects HPF / LPF / EQ pedals etc - FX Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Sine Effects HPF / LPF / EQ pedals etc

fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 22257

Probably more for the bassists -  a good HPF can be really useful at cutting flub and protecting speakers.

https://sineeffect.company.site/

I've had an HPF on my board for years to tighten up the lows and get rid of flub, but recently I saw a ZZ Top Rig Rundown showing Dusty's rig and Elwood was still the tech - and Dusty was running a Micro Thumpinator to tame his always on MicroPog. The Thumpinator cuts 36db/Oct from 25hz so it effectively stops a lot of the Octave signal getting through if it drops below a low B Flat. So it protects the speakers and stops the octave turning into a muddy indistinct mess when playing E-A.

I had never seen an always on Octave pedal being used in this way and now that I've tried it - it's excellent! Just a tiny bit of the octave signal to fill the sound out - kind of more noticeable when it is turned off rather than on. Works wonders in a 3 piece.

But I do wish the Thumpinator had a crossover knob.

As it happens I would like the Sine Effects one to have a more drastic slope too. I'm wondering if that would be easy to do as they are all built to order in Scotland.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter