Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Randy Meisner - Tributes Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Randy Meisner

What's Hot
boogiemanboogieman Frets: 11742
Founding member and Eagles bassist in the early years. Probably best known for vocals on Take it to the Limit. Dead from complications of COPD from the reports. 
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• rlwrlw Frets: 4314
    Great singer and song writer.  Take it to the limit being one of the Eagles' best.

I was never a big fan but you have to hand it to them all, they were extremely good at what they did and he was an integral part of that from the beginning.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    This is a sad one for me - I listened to Eagles Live almost constantly when I was 14, it was the first of their albums I got (even though the last made from the original era) and was basically the soundtrack to that summer for me. Take It To The Limit was always one of the standout tracks, it still brings back strong memories even now.

RIP :(

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30192
    Oh no.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3532
    The original 4 eagles were something special and Randy was one of them, without a doubt a giant of a songster.
  • SRichSRich Frets: 751
    edited July 2023
    RIP Randy Meisner - sincere commiserations to his family and friends.

Bernie Leadon and Don Henley must be quite lonely in the Original Eagles WhatsApp group 

"There's things I want, there's things I think I want 
    There's things I've had, there's things I wanna have" 
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3841
    Oh, no.. that’s awful news.. 
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    SRich said:
    Bernie Leadon and Don Henley must be quite lonely in the Eagles WhatsApp group 
    Have Felder and Walsh been blacklisted?  Johnny come latelys?

RIP to Mr Meisner.
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 3605
    boogieman said:
    Founding member and Eagles bassist in the early years. Probably best known for vocals on Take it to the Limit. Dead from complications of COPD from the reports. 
    Noooooo his voice contributed lots  , what an extremely sad loss  another Eagle gone 
    I remember at one time there was a double going round claiming to be him . Can’t believe he’s gone .
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    Philly_Q said:

Have Felder and Walsh been blacklisted?  Johnny come latelys?
    New kids in town.

Felder will have been…

Sorry if this is too soon. Although Meisner himself did fall out with Frey and I think Henley too.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• SRichSRich Frets: 751
    Apologies Randy............you know how it gets here sometimes......... ;)

Edited for 'accuracy' - Bernie Leadon and Don Henley must be quite lonely in the Original Eagles WhatsApp group  

"There's things I want, there's things I think I want 
    There's things I've had, there's things I wanna have" 
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3178
    That is sad news and he was considered by many, including those in The Eagles, to have the best voice amongst them
    RIP
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4327
    RIP, great singer and bassist. That Hotel California lineup is slowly wilting away, what music they leave behind though.

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 12794
    edited July 2023 tFB Trader
    RIP - one of my favourite bands - seen them 3 times - love their whole catalogue etc etc  - RIP Randy and thanks for contributing to so many great songs that I'll keep playing for ever - Now you can have a rest and Take it easy
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter