Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Clever? Or nah... - Amps Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Comments

• HattigolHattigol Frets: 8170
    Jetfire said:
    The seller is called 'The Mad Carpenter'.

People will wonder where the 'carpenter' bit comes from.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8108
    Hattigol said:

Aspiration.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    Well, he’s certainly not an electrician given that it doesn’t comply with electrical safety regulations...

The ends of the chassis are open at the front corners. You could easily get your fingers in there and touch the power switch wiring. It’s illegal to sell like this.

(This has been for sale before - I think at a higher price.)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Secret_SamSecret_Sam Frets: 202
    His upholstery skills aren't too good either.

Interesting idea, but must try harder.

I once had a sideboard that was a 4x10 bass cabinet with a table cloth thrown over it.  It might not have fooled many people.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 5615
    I did much the same thing with an old ottoman 42 years ago.  I mounted a 45 watt Custom Sound Trucker amp and 2x10 inch speakers into it (properly) and it gave me a padded seat to sit on while playing.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 8909
    I was looking for this a couple of days to use as a witty reply to another post!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • YorkieYorkie Frets: 934
    What an abomination. The idea is intriguing, but the execution is atrocious. 
    Adopted northerner with Asperger syndrome. I sometimes struggle with empathy and sarcasm – please bear with me.   
    My trading feedback: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/210335/yorkie

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DdiggerDdigger Frets: 2239
    BillDL said:
    I did much the same thing with an old ottoman 42 years ago.  I mounted a 45 watt Custom Sound Trucker amp and 2x10 inch speakers into it (properly) and it gave me a padded seat to sit on while playing.
    Did you sell that on Reverb?

I remember seeing something like that for sale a few years ago.
  • nacnudnainacnudnai Frets: 154
    All I can think of when I see this is the scene from Armageddon with Steve Buscemi sat on top of a nuke.

"All right. Just-Just wanted to feel the power between my legs, brother."
  • Hattigol said:
    Jetfire said:
    The seller is called 'The Mad Carpenter'.

Jesus innit 
  • RichACRichAC Frets: 595
    I’m not against the idea of building an amp into an item of furniture, but I’ll give that one a miss.
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 5615
    They have speakers incorporated into the leather seats in the House of Lords, so there's nothing wrong with the principle of having audio coming from a piece of furniture.
  • YorkieYorkie Frets: 934
    BillDL said:
    They have speakers incorporated into the leather seats in the House of Lords, so there's nothing wrong with the principle of having audio coming from a piece of furniture.
    My mother has a sofa with built-in speakers and BT input etc, but the speakers are hidden from sight and most controls are remote. It can be done… sensibly. 
    Adopted northerner with Asperger syndrome. I sometimes struggle with empathy and sarcasm – please bear with me.   
    My trading feedback: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/210335/yorkie

• usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3841
    Horrible.
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• guitarjack66guitarjack66 Frets: 1397
    Yorkie said:
    What an abomination. The idea is intriguing, but the execution is atrocious. 
    The execution is likely electrocution.
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2459
    tFB Trader
    I think you guys are being a bit mean, If I bought it I could convert it into a nice chest

;) 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    The execution is likely electrocution.
    Perhaps he misinterpreted the expression ‘electric chair’…

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• Kent747Kent747 Frets: 214
    Kill it with fire.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter