Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). FS/FT Goodsell Super 17 head - Amps £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

FS/FT Goodsell Super 17 head

What's Hot
hessodreamyhessodreamy Frets: 112
edited September 2023 in Amps £
Prefer collection from Leeds but can probably sort out postage. Might be interested in trades.

Dr z and gretsch amps sold. 

Goodsell Super 17 head - £700 - now with Goodsell overdrive pedal

I think they're not that well know over here but over on thegearpage.net they're raved about, and fairly rare as Mr Goodsell has retired.

I believe it's a little similar to (but not necessarily based on) a Marshall 18w circuit. It's very touch sensitive and I guess I'd say 'detailed' sounding, if that makes sense. Even when using some drive it still sounds 'pretty' - until you turn it up more!

I had Rosewell amps put in a valve-driven effects loop. I don't really use it though as turning up the pre-amp gain a lot seems to over-drive the effect loop, and anyway it's one of those amps where reverb into the front still sounds good with a bit of drive.

I'll include the Goodsell Overdrive II pedal, specially designed for these amps. I think it's basically a boost with tone controls, which is very handy.

Dr Z Maz 18 reverb head - £700 SOLD

Hand wired, boutique, super versatile amp head. This is the model with reverb. 

Victoria/Gretsch Playboy G6156 - SOLD

Built by Victoria as homage to the vintage Gretsch playboy. Apparently kind of a supro/ tweed deluxe vibe. All hand wired to the impeccable standard you expect from Victoria. Converted to UK voltage. A real rock and roll machine. 15w EL84 into 12" speaker. Pretty light too.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• hessodreamyhessodreamy Frets: 112
    Trade option added
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Victoria amp and Goodsell pedal added. Price drop on the Maz.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • musicman100musicman100 Frets: 1644
    edited August 2023
    Messaged you about the Gretsch amp, I’ll have it please 
  • Is the Playboy UK voltage?
  • Is the Playboy UK voltage?
    Yes, it has been converted to UK voltage.
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 6476
    Ha ! As soon as I saw the ad I thought ‘you would like that !
    Ha ! As soon as I saw the ad I thought ‘you would like that !
    Ha ha, there’s only person on here when it comes to hovering up decent Gretsch stuff. Lol. 
  • Indeed the playboy was snaffled up by the Gretsch-hungry @musicman100 ;

Dr Z & Goodsell still available.
    Indeed the playboy was snaffled up by the Gretsch-hungry @musicman100 ;;;

Dr Z & Goodsell still available.
    Gone to a good home 
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • @musicman100 made for each other!
  • Sunday price drops!
  • Price drop on the Maz!
  • Price drop on the Goodsell!
  • Bump!
  • Open to offers or trades.
  • Price drop on the maz and goodsell. Now £700 apiece. 
  • Pm’d
  • Maz is sold. Just the goodsell left, for now.