Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Trevor Francis - Tributes Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Trevor Francis

What's Hot
guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 12794
in Tributes tFB Trader
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 12794
    tFB Trader
    Hasn't there always been a debate about the £1 million price tag - Thought Cloughie said it was £999,999 so as to remove some 'pressure' on the deal - Nit pickin' really 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 4926
    I've been a Birmingham City supporter since I was eight in 1968. Trevor was my idol, and my first - and enduring - sporting hero. I'm absolutely devastated by this news. RIP Superboy. 
    Call me Dave.
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 10838
    I remember seeing him on The Big Match as the teenage wonderboy scoring goals for Birmingham.

That's no age. RIP. 
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 4930
     I remember it being a really big deal with him being the first £1m player….He kinda reminded me of Jasper Carrot (when I was 10) 69 is far too young RIP 
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 8918
    Wonderful footballer.

He even scored a hatrick for my beloved QPR, at Villa Park, of all places.i think he was about 36 then…

Thanks for the memories Trev.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4843
    When I visited my late uncle in Birmingham [late 1970s], we went to St. Andrews to see Birmingham City play, if I remember correctly, Bristol City the day after Boxing day.  Or the day following that, I can't be certain.  At that match, Trevor Francis scored his 100th goal.  He got the ball outside the Birmingham box and dribbled it all the way before slotting it home.  A brilliant goal.  RIP Trevor.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 2921
    What a player he was. He'll be forever entwined with Clough and that Forest side as well as being loved by Bluenoses everywhere.  RIP Trevor.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3178
    edited July 2023
    What a shame and that's no age

My old Geography teacher was friends with him at school in Plymouth and often spoke about him.

RIP
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 2424
    Great player. The first million pound footballer tag raised a few eyebrows, but ultimately he did his job well at Forest and played a huge part in their success. Will always be a legend in Nottingham and Birmingham. RIP. 

• usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3841
    Terrible shock.. brilliant player, gave us some great memories.. RIP
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• CountryDaveCountryDave Frets: 752
    I remember my Dad taking me to Stoke for his City debut when I was 11.
    He scored two and created the other.
    Great player.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 11742
    Wonderful footballer.

He even scored a hatrick for my beloved QPR, at Villa Park, of all places.i think he was about 36 then…

Thanks for the memories Trev.
    I remember him at Rangers too. Couldn’t quite believe we’d bought him at the time…. what THE Trevor Francis? Isn’t he a bit past it? How wrong can you be, he still had decent pace and obvious talent and scored a few absolute stunners. Not bad in his time as our manager too, although he looked a bit out of his depth at times. RIP Trevor, you died much too young. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter