Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Damn, if this ain't a peach of a video from 1983. Frank Gambale, Robben, Dan Gilbert.. - Music Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Damn, if this ain't a peach of a video from 1983. Frank Gambale, Robben, Dan Gilbert..

What's Hot
equalsqlequalsql Frets: 5849
Footage is rough but it sounds glorious.
1983 was such a great year for music. I loved this type of jazz-funk.
I never realised that Frank was wearing a syrup in the late 80s.  :)

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    equalsql said:
    I never realised that Frank was wearing a syrup in the late 80s.  :)
    That was the first thing which struck me when I saw that still shot above!

To be honest, apart from Gambale, I've no idea who any of these guys are until Robben Ford appears (looking just like the cover of the Inside Story album).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BradBrad Frets: 590
    Great find! Only had a quick flick through, but a couple of things really stood out for me:

1. Gambale's best ever tone was 40 years ago :lol: It's actually really great to hear him like this.

2. Robben Ford only played one song and completely stole the show for me. Time, tone, phrasing, the lot. He just seemed a cut above and that's saying something considering who was on the stage.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2295
    Yeah, that was a great show. And agreed, it was superb playing across the board but Robben pretty much outclassed them with one song. Amazing stuff!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter