Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Knight Audio Vox inspired 1 watt amp - Amps Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Knight Audio Vox inspired 1 watt amp

What's Hot
fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 22257
https://deacyamp.com/products/kat-studio-one-amplifier

Anyone tried one?

1W with an attenuator. Could be fun!
IMG_2581.jpeg 533.9K
1reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5092
    That does look like a lot of fun indeed. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Alex2678Alex2678 Frets: 909
    edited July 2023
    The KAT stuff always seems very Brian May focussed, and there’s nothing really wrong with that, but I think I’d be more interested in a 1 watt AC30 if it wasn’t so Brian May focussed in the marketing, even if it sounded the same. Daft as that may sound.
    Makes it feel like ‘yes technically it is a small ac30 but please understand it’s intended as a Brian May impersonation machine’
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 22257
    The BM thing is why I want it. He was really the person who made me want to play.

I've managed to create a good BM sound with my Helix after a lot of trying but this little amp might be even more fun. Especially as a proper AC30 would make me deaf if I tried it that way.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7202
    Too much money for a low powered SS amp
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Too much money for a low powered SS amp

It's all valve according to that page.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 5837
    Are they keeping the valve types a secret? Can't see any info on them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    I suspect that it's not EL84 based and perhaps they want people to judge with their ears rather than a spec sheet?

I'll send them an email later and ask.
    Found this

Seems it's using preamp valves for all of it.
    1 ECC82 and 3 ECC83

Watching that vid it seems that it still needs a treble booster etc to sound like BM.

Shame. They should have built that in.

Should have also mic'd it up properly for that video - sounds very lacking in weight.
  • Alex2678Alex2678 Frets: 909
    I really like Queen and Brian May, I just don’t like any signature stuff, don’t know what it is. I know this isn’t, but it’s the same vibe