Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Template question - Making & Modding Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Template question

What's Hot
I’m thinking of knocking up a body from offcuts I have ( offcuts for practice and to not waste them). I’m going to buy a template set but some suppliers mention LH or RH , as I don’t want to buy two templates ( my mate is a leftie so I may build him something for fun) can I just flip it over? I can see any reason why not but I bet there is one.
ta
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 6565
    tFB Trader
    Yes just flip it over
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • spev11spev11 Frets: 214
    Tidy, off to buy a template set  =)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • WezVWezV Frets: 15793
    Yeah, it might onto have a center line on one side, but you can easily transfer that to the other 
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8108
    spev11 said:
    Tidy, off to buy a template set  =)
    Have you thought of making your own template? 

Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    I have but once I buy a bit of wood and bugger about it’s another point of error. I’ll eliminate that at this stage but I’ll not rule it out of this is a success
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    spev11 said:
    my mate is a leftie so I may build him something for fun
    If it is going to be Stratocaster shaped, I have a left-handed "Parchment" SSS pickguard stashed away. Might have linear taper pots too. May even have control knobs with the numbers arranged for LH.
    Be seeing you.
    Tele shaped for my first go, but I’m not averse to putting a strat guard on a tele body, how much do you want for it?