Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). FS: Gibson Historic '63 Reissue ES-335 (SOLD); Parsons Areli (£2495); Millman tele (SOLD) - Guitars £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

FS: Gibson Historic '63 Reissue ES-335 (SOLD); Parsons Areli (£2495); Millman tele (SOLD)

What's Hot
pjfpjf Frets: 304
edited August 2023 in Guitars £
Finally bringing myself to sell a few guitars and condense the electric collection a bit. I'm primarily an acoustic player and can't keep these sat in their cases.

First up is my 2016 Gibson ES-335 (Memphis-made): 

Link to album: https://imgur.com/a/Shxhxel

£3000 ***SOLD***
--------------------------------------------------
Next up, J. Parsons Areli:

A custom "lockdown build" that incredibly-talented Tasmanian luthier Jon Parsons completed for me in September / October 2020. Jon managed to source an incredible block of Tasmanian blackwood for this, I mean... just look at it. It's lovely and smooth and finished in Osmo oil.

Link to album: https://imgur.com/a/BTmDZOm

Please note these photos are from when I first received the guitar. However the current condition is unchanged, I can't find a single mark on it. I don't use the term "mint" unless it's brand spanking new but this must be a safe 9.5/10.

Full spec:

MODEL: Areli
CONSTRUCTION: Hollow-body, contoured top with J. Parsons swoop
TOP MATERIAL: Figured Tasmanian Blackwood (set chosen)  
BACK MATERIAL: Tasmanian Blackwood (set chosen)  
NECK MATERIAL: Narra
NECK SHAPE: Modern C shape
FINGERBOARD MATERIAL: Gabon ebony (set chosen)
SCALE LENGTH: 25"
NECK JOINS BODY AT: 16th fret (upper bout), 19th fret (lower bout)
NUMBER OF FRETS TOTAL: 22
FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT NUT: 43mm
FINGERBOARD INLAY: Blank (with side dots)
FINGERBOARD RADIUS: 12"
FRET WIRE: Stainless steel - Jescar medium #47095
NECK FINISH: Satin
BRIDGE: Schaller in shiny nickel finish
TUNING MACHINES: Gotoh vintage style 510 - open back and butter bean buttons
PICKUPS: McNelly Soap Bar SparkleTrons in the neck, Cornucopia in the bridge. P90 size with nickel and silver foil finish (both pickups are push/pull series/parallel)
PICKGUARD: Tortoiseshell
CASE: Hiscox

£2495 down from £2750 and £2595

Would prefer not to post this one either but we can discuss - the neck comes off and I have enough packaging, plus the Hiscox case. Otherwise, collection welcomed from near Esher in Surrey, alternatively I'm happy to drive to meet or deliver to most places in England. 
--------------------------------------------------
Last but certainly not least, Millman t-style build:

***SOLD ON REVERB***

Link to album: https://imgur.com/a/jGHnF28

Thanks for looking, let me know if any questions
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• razorbillrazorbill Frets: 70
    Happy for you to use photos, wish they were better—great guitar!

Best of luck with the sale :) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5511
    I've got a few 335s and I prefer the Memphis models (like this one) to the Nashvilles. Also, being a 2016, this guitar will have '59-style fretwire, whereas earlier Memphis guitars from 2014 and earlier have narrow-tall wire.

GLWS.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • pjfpjf Frets: 304
    razorbill said:
    Happy for you to use photos, wish they were better—great guitar!

Best of luck with the sale :) 
    Thanks very much. The photos are far better than I would manage! 

Brize said:
    I've got a few 335s and I prefer the Memphis models (like this one) to the Nashvilles. Also, being a 2016, this guitar will have '59-style fretwire, whereas earlier Memphis guitars from 2014 and earlier have narrow-tall wire.

GLWS.

Yes, good point - thanks. It's lived a sheltered life too, so an abundance of life left in the frets. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Bump - prices lowered on first two.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Bump:
    - more photos added to OP
    - willing to post the Parsons Areli
    - open to reasonable offers on all three
    edited July 2023
    Millman tele now sold through Reverb.
    Bump - another price drop on the Gibson - Fretboard users only - and willing to drive to meet / deliver more or less anywhere in England.

Would also entertain trade offers up to around £1k, especially acoustics. 
    Bump - Gibson down to £3250, Areli down to £2595. Both absolute bargains (in my humble and entirely unbiased opinion).  
    Bump 
    Gibson now on hold, deposit taken. 
    Bump for the Areli
    Bump!
    Bump - will listen to close offers on the Areli. Fantastic guitar, just a shame the builder is not very well known in the UK!

Check out Jon Parsons here - including a video of this very guitar, if you scroll through:

https://www.instagram.com/j.parsonsguitars/channel/?hl=en

Bump
    Bump, ES-335 now sold, only the Areli left. 

Price drop on the Areli to £2495, well worth that. Superb hand built quality. 
    edited August 2023
    Bump for the Areli - needs a new home and will make someone with a hankering for something different very happy 
    Bump