Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Collings guitar quality before and after his death? - Acoustics Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Collings guitar quality before and after his death?

What's Hot
Sadly Bill Collings passed away in 2017.

It’s kind of a niche question but I wondered if anyone had any views about any noticeable difference in the guitars’ quality before and after this date?

Having recently purchased a 2012 Collings I know what answer I want to hear - that without Bill there they somehow lost their Mojo or whatever, a bit like when Stradivarius died.

But this may not be correct, because I understand he built up quite a dedicated team over many years.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• mgawmgaw Frets: 4979
    They make less guitars now and put their prices up helping to pay their staff more apparently so I would guess quality is as good as if not better
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • joeWjoeW Frets: 387
    Only played the electrics but I haven’t noticed any change either way - amazing attention to detail.   The processes that Bill put in seem to be fully intact.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I just bought one and all as I can say is it's very good quality. I also remember playing them years ago and thinking they were very good quality then! So err dunno. 
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    I’ve had pre- and post. I don’t believe there is any fall off in quality. 
  • LewyLewy Frets: 3795
    Bill's whole deal was building the excellence into the production process. His legacy is that nothing changed when he died.
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4353
    I like that 8)
  • tomjaxtomjax Frets: 59
    Having recently had to be in contact with the company about my OM2H, I can vouch that their customer service is still second to none.   It’s an exceptional team.