Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Vox AC50/ Marshall 50w or interesting 30-50w Amp Head wanted - Amps £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Vox AC50/ Marshall 50w or interesting 30-50w Amp Head wanted

What's Hot
shugzshugz Frets: 758
edited October 2023 in Amps £
Hi Folks,

I am supposed to be selling up but does anyone have one of these they are shifting? Got a rig in mind (not Oasis) so this might be fun.

There's one on ebay I know just now which looks nice but just thought I'd ask here. Have other amps and guitars if tradey things doable or can, if it's not too wallet heavy, supply cold hard folding.

Many thanks 
H

www.proudhoney.com

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• PetepassionPetepassion Frets: 291
    The one on eBay seems a bit overpriced imo. I paid about £500 for one about three years ago. Probably the best amp I’ve ever owned, couple of good drive pedals in front of it and I preferred it over my Marshall.
       If you can’t find one, might be worth trying a Selmer treble ‘n bass, I have the 100W head and it’s very similar…those EL34’s innit…bloody heavy though
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • shugzshugz Frets: 758
    Thanks kindly - yeah got 2 50w TnB's! Brilliant amps.

The ebay one looked nice and fettled but I suppose they are factoring in the ebay charges a bit. 

Cheers for the advice :)

Hugh

www.proudhoney.com

• PetepassionPetepassion Frets: 291
    edited July 2023
    shugz said:
    Thanks kindly - yeah got 2 50w TnB's! Brilliant amps.

The ebay one looked nice and fettled but I suppose they are factoring in the ebay charges a bit. 

Cheers for the advice

Hugh

Two!
    now that’s just bloody greedy =)
    good luck with the AC50 search, great amps.
    Ha, it sure is - they are a little 'used' shall we say but great fun.

H

www.proudhoney.com

• GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8207
    tFB Trader
    shugz said:
    Hi Folks,

I am supposed to be selling up but does anyone have one of these they are shifting? Got a rig in mind (not Oasis) so this might be fun.

There's one on ebay I know just now which looks nice but just thought I'd ask here. Have other amps and guitars if tradey things doable or can, if it's not too wallet heavy, supply cold hard folding.

Many thanks 
    H

Sorry, but LOL (is this from the same listing?)

Cornwall? I’d love to hear the reasons behind why this is a problem let alone any of the other locations (still LOL-ing btw)
    Yeah that's the one! 

H

www.proudhoney.com

Holy thread resurrection.

Still looking.

Or.... for an interesting vintage or good re-issue 2 bottle 34 esque number. Apparently I was done with musak but now I'm not and have no shoes (amps).

Ideally one that's plug and play, serviced, no issues. Changes are fine as long as noted and all that. Not after unobtainium uber vintage boolox - been there, done that. I sound the same no matter what :)

Thank you.
    H

www.proudhoney.com

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • AC30 CCH head of interest?  you won't run out of volume, and the master volume on it is excellent..
    Definitely could be. If pics, info and price possibly sent on that be great.

I'll PM an email or WhatsApp whatever suits you best.

H

www.proudhoney.com

Still looking just in case of any weekend 'interesting' amps going.

Ideally 30-50w head, old or old inspired, maybe with a bit of character and all that. Not much to ask...... :)

Many thanks as ever,
    H

www.proudhoney.com

tFB Trader
    thomasw88 said:
    AC30 CCH head of interest?  you won't run out of volume, and the master volume on it is excellent..
    I have the CC2 combo, absolutely stunning amp. 
    Thanks kindly both @thomasw88 and @GoldenEraGuitars ;

I am very tempted by Tom's CCH - I'd hate you guys thinking I wasn't interested. It probably will tick the box, in the interest of seeing if anything out there over the weekend I thought I'd just do a Saturday bump on this one.

Many thanks
    H

www.proudhoney.com

Quick bump for this again. Probably after a think then I'm still looking for an interesting 30w-50w vintage or vintage derived valve head. Don't mind restos, finished projects, upgraded reissues or chopped up but stonkingly good curios/ vintage etc.

Not after anything too massively spendy but will consider what's available or offered. Usual suspects also (Marshall, vox, Hiwatt etc etc) but open minded. As I said, 30w - 50w head vintagey or vintagey reissue esque.

Thanks
    Hugh

www.proudhoney.com

tFB Trader
    shugz said:
    Thanks kindly both @thomasw88 and @GoldenEraGuitars ;

I am very tempted by Tom's CCH - I'd hate you guys thinking I wasn't interested. It probably will tick the box, in the interest of seeing if anything out there over the weekend I thought I'd just do a Saturday bump on this one.

Many thanks
    H
    Absolutely not at all, never thought that for a second. I was just making casual
    conversation. Great amps those Vox’s, it’s easy to see why they’re a staple sound in nearly every recording studio
    All fine here, I am still very much giving the Vox a bit of thought. Only heard good things.

Just interested possibly if there was a few other options too. Thanks to @Schmo for the Bassman info too.

Thanks again everyone chiming in, much appreciated.

Cheers 
    H

www.proudhoney.com

Still very much considering any options already put to me but giving this one a wee weekend nudge in case there's any other options.

Thanks
    H

www.proudhoney.com