Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Freddie - Music Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Freddie

What's Hot
tone1tone1 Frets: 4930
edited July 2023 in Music
Just wanted to say that I’m beginning to think that Freddie was my favourite of the 3 Kings…. 3
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• jdgmjdgm Frets: 807
    edited July 2023
    Not long after he died (1976), his Gibson 345 was advertised for sale along with one of his stage suits, in Melody Maker I think. I can't remember the price now but think it may even have been <£1k.  I should have borrowed the money but I didn't want the clothes, would have been a bit ghoulish having that in the cupboard.  I've never forgotten it, of course; what a missed opportunity.

I couldn't pick a favourite of the 3 but Freddie always delivered the goods; no frills, no "are you ready" bs, he just came out and hit it 100%.  A lot of people copied Freddie King.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 10838
    My favourite King.

I remember getting a "best of" album from the local library and being blown away by his playing and singing. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 4930
    I recently put on a bluesy mix on Spotify, when Goin’ down’ came on…. <3
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 15603
    Not stuff I listen to much these days but I'd agree. 

tone1 said:
    I recently put on a bluesy mix on Spotify, when Goin’ down’ came on…. <3
    I remember we played some awful student gig and the sound engineer tested out the PA with Going Down, at very high volume it just sounded magnificent. 
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8170
    No love for Ledley?
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 4930
    Admittedly, I had also neglected Bilie-Jean-K too   =)
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 2921
    Definitely my favourite of the three. Where would Clappo be if he'd never heard Freddie?
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• RocknRollDaveRocknRollDave Frets: 6075
    Definitely my favourite of the three Kings.

No idea why they were so wildly misrepresented in the Bible, baffles me.

• RedlesterRedlester Frets: 1072
    Of the other Kings, I only really know BB. 

But yes, Freddie King is a fabulous guitar player and singer. I do like him.