Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Everlux PB strings - Acoustics Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Everlux PB strings

What's Hot
SoupmanSoupman Frets: 172
Just sent for a set of these at the introductory price offer from Headway Music in Oxfordshire. 
I've always used Elixir pb 12s on the Lowden but the spec (and price) got the better of me!
Anyone else used them? How are they?

I've used DR Sunbeams and the DR Rare on another guitar & they were good, anyone have views on the Veritas ones? (I like nanoweb coated strings).
Link to Headway (I have no connection to the firm):

https://www.headwaymusicaudio.com/product/everlux-strings/

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• sev112sev112 Frets: 2457
    Something wrong with their website - can’t put anything into basket, the contact message tab doesn’t work, and they have no contact number ?  Shame as I was going to order a couple of sets.

never mind 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3380

sev112 said:
    Something wrong with their website - can’t put anything into basket, the contact message tab doesn’t work, and they have no contact number ?  Shame as I was going to order a couple of sets.

never mind 

Works fine with my browser. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Ok cheers 
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3144
    Site worked for me as well. Be interesting to see if I can find some coated strings that I get along with 
    Thanks for making me persevere chaps, managed to make it work on my phone :)  ipad still doesn’t want to work though ) 
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3144
    Impressed with the delivery; ordered yesterday and here this morning. But they are only just down the road. 

First impressions: they don’t have the “soapy” feel that I normally find with coated strings. It’s always hard comparing old and new strings but these feel to have more bass than the set they replaced: Newtone Heritage. But 5hats perhaps not surprising as they’re heavier gauge. 

Letting them settle before I give them another play. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SoupmanSoupman Frets: 172
    edited July 2023
    ^Yes, fast delivery. Ordered Wed evening arrived Fri morning. Not fitted yet.
    The packet states 'USA materials' and in the bottom corner 'Wound in PRC'........??
     :o 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Put a set of these on my Huss & Dalton OM 2 nights ago and had a proper play on them last night.
    They are loud, and described by a non-guitar playing friend who is a musician as "sparkly". They are not as bright or harsh sounding as elixirs. There is a fair bit of finger noise to my ears which the old strings didn't have, so I'm hoping that goes away. Overall though I like them. Will be putting a set on the Martin (also for sale here) to see how they suit a different guitar.

• SoupmanSoupman Frets: 172
    @bermudianbrit thanks for that. Before getting round to fitting the Everlux, I was given a set of my usual Elixirs, so now a small dilemma....
    If you noticed finger noise then that's probably the clincher. Fit the Elixirs & keep Everlux for next time.
    I intend to get the guitar set up properly again so saving the strings for that. Fitting it in is the problem!
     :)