Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). NAD: Roland JC-160 - Amps Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

NAD: Roland JC-160

What's Hot
HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 7650
edited July 2023 in Amps
Just arrived.

https://i.imgur.com/jgWrY5A.jpg

Some cosmetic and functional issues, but sounds immense - stunning! D

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3178
    edited July 2023
    Ah, nice one.

For years when we hired in backline for our corporate gigs (delivered, set up, packed down in Central London and so easier), the boss of the equipment hire company had one of these and it was my go-to choice of amp. Alas, he would not sell it to me despite me making several offers and badgering him and he was using it for keyboards.

It had a very sweet and strong clean sound which also took my overdrive pedals so well and with a multi-fx or a couple of pedals plugged in, it could hold its own against the other guitarist using a Marshall stack or MB Rectifier or Mark V. I don't know what it is, possibly the 4x10 speakers, but it's a different beast to the other JC models, especially the popular JC-120.

Enjoy it and these are special and quite rare 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • oh_pollooh_pollo Frets: 742
    I can hear it from here.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • jdgmjdgm Frets: 807
    Congrats, I'm envious.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 3605
    Yessssssss
  • PabcranePabcrane Frets: 477
    I was watching some music videos the other day and spotted one of those in A Play For Today - I've not played a 160 (or seen one in the flesh I think) but the 120 and 70 or 80 were lovely.

Is there much difference between this and the 160?

Looks cool by he way!
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7208
    I have the JC50 (1982) which is a beast - the Bass from this is immense and fills every space you give it.

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

For a time, in the mid Eighties, I owned a Roland Cube 60 Chorus. I was too miserly to buy a JC-77.

The models with stereo inputs appeal most. Guitar > filth pedal > delay > Leslie simulator pedal > JC. Sorted!
    Be seeing you.