Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Mayones Regius 6 (£1595) - Guitars £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Mayones Regius 6 (£1595)

What's Hot
MolochMoloch Frets: 675
edited September 2023 in Guitars £
Well, you all know the sad, sad song. Getting a new love means an old love(s) must depart. So, having picked up a PJE 96 recently, it's time to let one or two go.

Here I have:

1. Mayones Regius 6 (£1595).

Gorgeous, top-of-the-line masterpiece, in Racing Green finish, with neck-through-body construction, Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz pickups and gold hardware. Excellent condition, with just one tiny ding on the side, well out of view. Comes with CoA, original Hiscox hard case and all case candy.

2. Carvin SC901 (£850).

Lovely American neck-through-body guitar in a kind of modern Telecaster style, only with Les Paul controls and pickup configuration. All original, including Sperzel locking tuners, ebony fretboard and original case.

3. Gibson SG Special (£595).

I'm sure I don't need to explain what one of these is! No breaks, great condition and recently set-up, with original soft case. Don't let the covered pickups fool you. They're the originals, but the previous owner added the covers himself. 

Willing to consider trades, but will probably want to go with options that include a bit of cash my way. Feel free to make the offers though. Guitars are down in Southampton, if you want to come and take a look. I'll stick the kettle on!
0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1786
    Nice Carvin!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3252
    edited July 2023
    Nice Carvin. I remember it from Reverb... GLWTS
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • MolochMoloch Frets: 675
    edited July 2023
    Schnozz said:
    Nice Carvin!
    carlos said:
    Nice Carvin. I remember it from Reverb... GLWTS
    That one is definitely my 'Pssst! Buy one of the other ones' guitar from this trio. All really great instruments, but I have a PJE to pay for, so something has to go. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    BUMP.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • RevMattRevMatt Frets: 751
    I probably shouldn't even ask, but, what's the neck/fretboard like on the Carvin?

I've owned two Carvins, one with a flatter neck and flattish fretboard radius and one with more of a C neck and rounder radius - one suited me and one didn't, so wondering where this one sits?
    RevMatt said:
    I probably shouldn't even ask, but, what's the neck/fretboard like on the Carvin?

I've owned two Carvins, one with a flatter neck and flattish fretboard radius and one with more of a C neck and rounder radius - one suited me and one didn't, so wondering where this one sits?
    Definitely on the flatter side, Matt. I would describe the neck as a D profile with a flat radius.
  • RevMattRevMatt Frets: 751
    Moloch said:
    Definitely on the flatter side, Matt. I would describe the neck as a D profile with a flat radius.
    Thanks - that probably helps, as that's the profile that didn't really suit me. Temptation averted!
    RevMatt said:
    Moloch said:
    Thanks - that probably helps, as that's the profile that didn't really suit me. Temptation averted!
    Hahaha! Yeah, I figured that would be the case with you being a PJE man. Definitely more at the rounder end of the spectrum.
    Bump!
    Dropping the price of the Regius down to £1750 and withdrawing the Carvin. Can ship to established Fretboarders, BTW.
    SG sold, Carvin withdrawn. Mayones still available.
    Bump!
    Now why is it that I'm getting the impression this isn't really the target market for Mayones?
    TAP-TAP-TAP

Is this thing on? :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • JimJim Frets: 20
    I love this Mayones and wish I was in a position to take it off your hands!
    Jim said:
    I love this Mayones and wish I was in a position to take it off your hands!
    You sir are a man of exceptional taste, who stands out above the Telecaster-loving hoi polloi of this site!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    DAS BUMP!