Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Desktop CNC 750x1000 Workbee Clone inc Router/Cutter - Now Withdrawn! - Misc £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Desktop CNC 750x1000 Workbee Clone inc Router/Cutter - Now Withdrawn!

What's Hot
GizmoGizmo Frets: 1004
edited August 2023 in Misc £
I built this unit a few years ago it's clone of the "Workbee Desktop CNC" unit,it works great runs/cuts very well and is very accurate,any issues i've had with it have always been my own user error it has a few extra tweaks over the standard workbee unit (such as a driver for each X Axis,+ truss bearings) and the frame has been slightly adjusted to give a deeper Z axis cut

last year i upgraded to a water cooled spindel as a cutter (to mostly reduce the noise) but im seeing a little bit of defection in the Y/Z axis due to the extra weight of the WC spindle (this unit was never spec'ed to carry such a unit) so i've decided to sell this full set up (minus the WC spindle,a makita palm router will be inc as a cutter) and replace it with a new Queen Ant frame

Eample of the quality of the finish (an RG Tele mashup from a one piece Ash blank) i'll add some more pic's of my other builds from this CNC....and a video of it in action cutting.

& and EG evertune i cut for JimF the other year

I'll fill out the full spec and parts used in this (Nema 17 motors/driver/PSU ect ect) in the next few days

£950 to forum users, collection from Dudley West midlands, breaking in down for postage would be a real PITA.

This will be going up on evilbay later this weekend so Any question before i add the extra info just PM me

Laters
Giz

Edit...Now withdrawn as it seems it will be a lot cheaper to just fit new plates and rails to the frame that replace the whole machine.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• GizmoGizmo Frets: 1004
    edited July 2023
    Now on ebay with more info and pic's

Cheers

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited July 2023
    Just thought id throw this image up here of a Maverick inspired supertele i've been finishing up on this CNC

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited August 2023
    Down to £850 to forum users £900 on evilbay (if this doesn't sell by the weekend i'll just keep the frame and upgrade the plates and wheel's to rail/ball screw)