Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Star Fleet Sessions - Music Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Star Fleet Sessions

What's Hot
HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15657
Brian May & EVH double CD £48.64

You're havin' a wee laugh Brian,right?
tae be or not tae be
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 3605
    Crikey expensive 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • andy_kandy_k Frets: 808
    You can buy it, or you can just listen, in completion.

• DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 6476
    I really go hot and cold on Brian bearing in mind Queen are one of my favourite bands . He’s obviously massively talented and often comes across really well in interviews but on the other hand he seems to regularly endorse lots of promotions that frankly seem like money grabs 
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 10901
    edited July 2023 tFB Trader
    I bought it back in the day and thought WTF? (in spite of being something of a Queen fanatic)
    Definitely seemed less than the sum of the parts to my 18 year old ears but then I was used to hearing EVH reigned in within VH’s song structures, and Brian’s compositions were usually very laboured and regimented , so an off the cuff product may have seemed lacking in finesse. 
    Hearing it for the first time in ages(and being more familiar with more of Clapton’s style, which I wasn’t back then) I see what they were doing.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1602
    I sold a Reverend Eastsider on ebay a few years ago. Nice bloke bought it and collected from me...he was a Moody Blue. Later I found out he wrote this very same Starfleet theme, which I knew from the EVH cover. 

Two years later he advertised a Reverend 12-string and I drove over to his to buy it. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter