Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). NGD Reverend content - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

NGD Reverend content

What's Hot
robertyroberty Frets: 10231
The latest chapter in my insane quest. Reverend Warhawk DAW. Got some bits for it to make it suitable for my band

It's great, very comfortable and resonant

I am going to sell a few more soon, I feel like this period of experimentation is coming to a close

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    Basically I love Reverend's 24.75" scale necks. The pickup selector is not tucked away under the tremolo arm, it is really easy to reach. It has a two point trem. And I can put my Oil City Winterizer in the neck position and one of my DiMarzios in the bridge. I like the way it looks too, Firebirdy especially in this colour. I really like this one, I feel attached to it already
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ewalewal Frets: 2359
    I like a nice Reverend and that coffee burst finish always works for me. Enjoy.
    The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    I have a Gotoh 510 with a big block that might go in here too. The Wilkinson is fine though
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Fretwork is a solid 9.5/10, and setup is perfect after a few tweaks. If you're curious about Reverend give them a try
  • DumodalDumodal Frets: 303
    Love Reverend guitars, absolutely bang for your buck even at retail price, used prices are even sweeter.

Quality guitars, bass contour is super handy, Warhawk and Sensei are my favourite models!

Have fun! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1082
    How does it hang with the extended upper horn? I guess that means the the body is smaller than it first appears. What's the neck like?

HNGD!
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2005
    Very nice. 

Dig my Gristlemaster 90
    GoFish said:
    How does it hang with the extended upper horn? I guess that means the the body is smaller than it first appears. What's the neck like?

HNGD!
    Thanks! It hangs like a Les Paul, the button is in the same place. The neck is like a 1960s SG to me, except with a more generous heel, a bit like a PRS heel. There are no dead spots like you get on an SG. I really rate Reverend design, nothing is by accident 
    Dumodal said:
    Love Reverend guitars, absolutely bang for your buck even at retail price, used prices are even sweeter.

Quality guitars, bass contour is super handy, Warhawk and Sensei are my favourite models!

Have fun! 
    Cheers. I've bought a few from Merchant City Music and they were good to me on this occasion. I will choose them over the bigger retailers any day :)
  • RkphilpotRkphilpot Frets: 118
    I played a Reverend the other day in the local shop. The Double Agent. I'm trying to find the money now haha!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • NikcNikc Frets: 613
    Rkphilpot said:
    I played a Reverend the other day in the local shop. The Double Agent. I'm trying to find the money now haha!
    do it you won't regret it ;)
  • BigsbyBigsby Frets: 2770
    Happy NGD!

I do love the Reverend 6-a-side headstock shape, it's probably my favourite after Fender. 

And another thumbs up for Merchant City Music - three of the four Reverends I've bought came from them. They dealt with a small issue on the first one very well, so I went back to them. They've been a major Reverend dealer for ages, and often get limited runs that the other UK retailers don't get to have. Great service. :+1: 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2064
    roberty said:
    The latest chapter in my insane quest. Reverend Warhawk DAW. Got some bits for it to make it suitable for my band

I am going to sell a few more soon, I feel like this period of experimentation is coming to a close

That guitar is so hot that you have to cool it down with a fan!
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Keefy said:
    roberty said:

That guitar is so hot that you have to cool it down with a fan!
    It's not a fan, it just happens to be in the room. Like most people at my gigs :-) 
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Nikc said:
    Rkphilpot said:
    do it you won't regret it ;)
    They are good
    Spent a morning playing my DAW which is becoming my go to guitar. The tonal plate is so wide its just fun and the neck is lovely to play and hold - the biggest surprise for me is just how comfortable it is. It sits so well on the strap and for me the body size is just about prefect the contours are really nice and allow for ease of playing. I've been a Tele fan for several years but this has something very special in the way it plays and its doing exactly the job I wanted, something that my old Santana PRS nearly did but just missed. Its near prefect to sit alongside my Tele and Les Paul. 
    Nice @Nikc I have similar feelings about my own. Everything about it feels right
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2100
    I need one of their pink models!
    edited July 2023
    Like this?
    roberty said:
    Nice @Nikc I have similar feelings about my own. Everything about it feels right
    The PUPs are voiced really well the build quality is excellent no compliants at all and no its 'really good for the money'. Its just a really good guitar.
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1255
    That's your biggest fan in the photo?
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1082
    I'd like to get my mitts on a Gristlemaster or a Sensei ...  but then I miss out on the cool headstock :p

Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1255
    Always thought the Club King 290 looked interesting. 25.5" bolt on neck, semi hollow and Bigsby.
    The Tricky Gomez always looked cool as well. And some of their bass guitars look really cool.
    My biggest fan lives in my bedroom

Nikc said:
    roberty said:
    The PUPs are voiced really well the build quality is excellent no compliants at all and no its 'really good for the money'. Its just a really good guitar.
    I am quietly amazed each time I pick it up. I have a guitar cull on the cards
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7202
    That's the Reverend I've been most interested in. Just never managed to see one in person. Congrats
    That's the Reverend I've been most interested in. Just never managed to see one in person. Congrats
    Give us a shout if you're ever in Bristol and fancy a go
    roberty said:
    My biggest fan lives in my bedroom

Nikc said:
    roberty said:
    I am quietly amazed each time I pick it up. I have a guitar cull on the cards
    I shifted three guitars to fund my Reverend DAW and Boss Street Cube (garden room amp) not a single regret ;)
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2100
    roberty said:
    Like this?
    Yes!!!! Yum
  • ewalewal Frets: 2359
    Always thought the Club King 290 looked interesting. 25.5" bolt on neck, semi hollow and Bigsby.
    The Tricky Gomez always looked cool as well. And some of their bass guitars look really cool.
    I used to have a Club King RT - shouldn't have sold it.... I've got a Manta Ray which is a slightly less cool Tricky Gomez.

I know they are regarded as good guitars for the money, however I bought mine when they were half the price they are now! For a while I thought I was going to be a Reverend collector, but prices started to rise and I couldn't justify it.

Still fancy a Descent though...
    The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience
    Still happy with this. Got it set up for my band now

I had a Gotoh 510 trem in the drawer so I installed that with a Musiclily FST brass block. I feel like this is helping with the sustain but could be psychological.  There was nothing wrong with the Wilkinson 

The pickups are deliberately mismatched.I wanted a HS-like setup so I asked Ash at @OilCityPickups to make me a more single-coily Winterizer for the neck. In the bridge I have a Dimarzio D-Activator X which is quite mental but it works with my setup. They are wired out of phase 

The nut and frets are all perfect. It hasn't need any attention at all. Very easy setup, hassle free

I am selling some Reverends in the classifieds. It wasn't easy to choose between them but I am keeping this one on features and my Bob Balch for sentimental reasons (I have had tuition from him over the years)

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter