Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). The Collection MKII - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

The Collection MKII

What's Hot
Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7086

Back in the day I had a LOT of a particular Yamaha bass, and one or two people have likened my slightly smaller group of Telecasters to that magnificence :)

Here's the current group photo.

httpspbstwimgcommediaF03ur4lXwAAiNBUformatjpgnamesmall

There a couple more colours I wouldn't mind owning, but I don't think I'll reach the dizzy heights of 16 ;)

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
0reaction image LOL 10reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• DumodalDumodal Frets: 303
    Thats a lot of twang.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    Only Teles, or do you have other stuff as well (out of shot, as it were)?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3464
    That blue flower and pink paisley.  :o
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7086
    Philly_Q said:
    Only Teles, or do you have other stuff as well (out of shot, as it were)?

There are other guitars and basses too, but recent purchases have been all Telecaster as I felt collecting one or two would bring me joy :)

• OffsetOffset Frets: 9212
    Telecasters you say?

Teles.jpg 909.9K
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

I can only see one in that picture ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Paul_C said:

It's a vibe thang :-)

I'll admit only two of them sound like a Tele :-)

It's all good - I posted the picture to a Telecaster players group on FB and had people observing that there are no Thinlines, Deluxes etc. and my reason is I don't want any. I don't mind other people enjoying them, but they're not for me.

One of the other things I know some on there will be fuming about is the number of them with six saddle bridges, which are "wrong", but it doesn't bother me :)

I think Esquires look cool, but I've had one and all I wanted to do is try and make it as versatile as a std. Tele, and the easiest way to do that is buy a std. Tele ;)
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 8492
    Paul_C said:

Zero - none have a proper bridge
    Paul_C said:

One of the other things I know some on there will be fuming about is the number of them with six saddle bridges, which are "wrong", but it doesn't bother me :)

chris78 said:
    Paul_C said:

Zero - none have a proper bridge

See ?

;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    Paul_C said:
    I don't think I'll reach the dizzy heights of 16.
    One HarrySeven
    There's only one HarrySeven
    Be seeing you.
    Paul_C said:

Having a three-saddle bridge would bother me.  'Vintage-correct'?  No thanks.  Bit like having a modern car with no synchromesh on the gearbox.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Paul_C said:
    I don't think I'll reach the dizzy heights of 16.
    One HarrySeven
    There's only one HarrySeven

Yes, I was thinking that last night after I posted the picture ;)

Though it's possible to consider his as more hoarding than collecting (no offence intended Harry!) :)
    Offset said:
    Paul_C said:

Having a three-saddle bridge would bother me.  'Vintage-correct'?  No thanks.  Bit like having a modern car with no synchromesh on the gearbox.

The three saddle bridges work just as well as the six saddle ones for me.
    Paul_C said:
    Offset said:
    Paul_C said:

The three saddle bridges work just as well as the six saddle ones for me.
    It's horses for courses.  Having had a Tele with a 3-saddle bridge, it wouldn't necessarily be a deal breaker for me but it wouldn't be my preference.

*sigh*

I'm useless at collecting.

I like the hunt, the arrival, the picture with the new acquisition alongside the others and the feeling of satisfaction from owning all the things.

Then inevitably I begin to wonder why I have so many of them, especially when some of them don't bring quite as much joy as the others, and that leads inevitably to moving some on (in the case of the Yamaha basses I ended up selling them all :o ).

I can just about justify the pedals, as you can use more than one at a time, but it's only a matter of time before I start selling one or two (or more) off.

It won't stop me doing it again with something else, as collecting does bring me joy, it's just owning I have problems with.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Paul_C said:

It won't stop me doing it again with something else, as collecting does bring me joy, it's just owning I have problems with. 
    You need to get into bottle caps or something like that!
    barnstorm said:
    Paul_C said:

You need to get into bottle caps or something like that!

It would make life easier.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    Have I mentioned that I like the blue sparkly one?

Also the pink, the black, and the other blue. 

I liked your basses too. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."

I like the blue sparkly one too :)

I like them all, but I think having lots always ends up feeling a little much, plus there's always the opportunity to use the funds of anything I sell to start collecting something else.

Humans are weird.