Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Vocal flanger sound on Helix SOLVED! - FX Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Vocal flanger sound on Helix SOLVED!

What's Hot
longshinslongshins Frets: 241
edited August 2023 in FX
Hiya, any ideas on how to get a super vocal vowely flanger sound on the Helix like this? I can’t manage it, everything I do just sounds swooshy.

https://youtu.be/KzVem4IjoiE
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• I don't , but if you find out how, tell me! I've tried but can't get close.
    The flanger sounds have always been a bit of a let down compared to my old Yamaha flanger. I
     had the same issue with the old mm4.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • bloodandtearsbloodandtears Frets: 1591
    Its got an Unchained Van Halen vibe to it... perhaps line 6 CustomTone might yield some examples?
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• RolandRoland Frets: 8108
    It sounds to me as though there’s a high resonance auto Wah sweeping in synch with the flanger.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • jellybellyjellybelly Frets: 641
    Yeah was going to suggest autofilter if some sort, is there a mutron clone in there? Might have a mess later 
  • longshinslongshins Frets: 241
    Just had a brainwave, mixer block and invert the polarity of the flanger… and… it works!!! Chewy, vocal flanger sounds in abundance!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter