Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). NPD: El Capistan V2 - FX Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

NPD: El Capistan V2

What's Hot
ColWilkieColWilkie Frets: 140
I've recently downsized my pedalboard significantly.  I realised that I was only using a core set of sounds, and got fed up of tweaking.  Freeing up some funds for another hobby was also helpful!

The one pedal that's been swapped out with a rather high frequency, is my delay.  I've been through multiple Volante's, the Polymoon, the LVX, the Thermae twice, and the Starlight twice (first returned with a fault).  Most recently I've had the Starlight on the board, but have been missing some of the sounds I had with my Volante, and the ability to darken repeats.  The Starlight is lovely, but I wasn't really using the DMM in the end, and I missed having additional control.

Went along to GuitarGuitar today, so I could actually play a few delays back to back against the Starlight and figure out if I'm just bored, or genuinely wanted to change again.

I always gravitate back to tape, and the El Capistan is one pedal I had not tried.  I'm using a mono rig, so the Volante is a bit of a waste although I did really enjoy it.  I was surprised to favour the El Capistan of the pedals I tried.  Despite not needing all the functionality, I expected I'd end up with another Volante.  Loved how dark I could get the repeats, and liked having full control of the wow/flutter, ageing and crinkle.  It's a nice and simple delay, that fits what I'm currently feeling.  

Very happy for now, but of course that's subject to change :)

Current board now looks like this:

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• DoctorXDoctorX Frets: 291
    Nice, El Cap is a classic 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter