Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Black Country Custom Monolith and Steelpark any good? - FX Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Black Country Custom Monolith and Steelpark any good?

markjmarkj Frets: 851
Both pedals on offer at the moment any owners had any experience of these?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• StefBStefB Frets: 2139
    I've owned them both concurrently.

I bought them having been pleased with the TI Boost and while both were decent, very capable pedals, they didn't wow me and I quickly moved them on.

If they are available at decent prices (where, by the way?) they are definitely worth a shot, but depreciation on them is pretty harsh and they aren't in huge demand used.

One other thing to point out, the casings of both are larger than the TI Boost for some unfathomable reason.  They don't need to be in my opinion, but if you are looking to place them on an anally neat pedalboard alongside a TI you may be a little irked like I was to discover they are a different size...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2139
    PS, I've followed your ongoing quest for the ultimate low gain drive with interest over the years as I've been on a similar path - neither of these tick that box very well.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 15603
    £30 off at GAK. Can’t see any better deals than that? 
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 15603
    £82.29, Prime Day deal. 
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
  • markjmarkj Frets: 851
    StefB said:
    PS, I've followed your ongoing quest for the ultimate low gain drive with interest over the years as I've been on a similar path - neither of these tick that box very well.
    I was more interested in the Monolith, I cured my need for the ultimate low gain drive by buying a Paul Cochran Timmy, it’s absolutely superb.
    I read on the Gearpage commenting about the Monolith that even though it’s a distortion pedal it sounds great at lower gain for thick fat lead tone.
  • markjmarkj Frets: 851
    £82.29, Prime Day deal. 
    That’s the deal.