Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). boss ge 7 mods - FX Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

boss ge 7 mods

What's Hot
JamesMarshJamesMarsh Frets: 5
what are the bestboss ge 7 mods? i heard about the noise mod but are there anyother mods that can be done to improve the pedal?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• maharg101maharg101 Frets: 568
    I've got one with the Sniper mod, which is way better than the old stock GE-7 I had 30 years ago. I've not compared with other mods, or the new SMT version, so can't talk to that.
    This one goes to eleven

Trading feedback here
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    I got a kit off eBay ages ago before I knew what I was doing really and replaced about 20 bits. Can't say anything for the fidelity as I didn't listen that closely but the noise levels were certainly improved 
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 8918
    I wouldnt bother now… the brand new GE7 are silent.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • dilbertdilbert Frets: 199
    I installed the Monte Allums kit. It was relatively simple to carry out the mod and the results were excellent particularly the noise floor, it's virtually silent now and has more clarity. The only problem is that the postage is $16, the kit itself is only $10!

https://www.monteallums.com/pedal_mods_GE7.html  
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 9752
    I did a couple of the original pedals. Changed the opamps and a few caps. You don't need a kit, the parts are common and readily available from CPC and other similar places. 
    I like the pedal as a solo boost 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    I wouldnt bother now… the brand new GE7 are silent.
    Yeah this. I would personally look for a newer one second hand and sell the older, noisier one
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 10901
    tFB Trader
    I like the mods that XTS make to GE-7s where they dial in the midrange in closer spaced bands to allow you to sculpt your drive tone more closely.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • thanks. this is my guitar rig atm - guitar - boss ns2 (using the "x" method. ive orderd the GE-7 and i should get it within a week.  its a shame that you can't (to my knowledge at least) modify the GE-7 so you could be able to "shape" your guitar and fx loop aswell, basically using the x method