Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Jazz Sabbath - Music Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Jazz Sabbath

What's Hot
RickLucasRickLucas Frets: 353
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• oh_pollooh_pollo Frets: 742
    It's kind of genius but also the kind of thing that if you told me an AI had produced it an afternoon I would believe you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 5849
    That's pretty damn cool. Thanks for posting it up.  :)
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • RickLucasRickLucas Frets: 353
    Can you see Ozzy in a dinner suit crooning like Rod Stewart?
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1300
    weird, there's a band that already did this very thing years earlier!

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    No, not for me.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 11742
    bbill335 said:
    weird, there's a band that already did this very thing years earlier!

Not a great fan of the Jazz Sabbath stuff, but this is excellent. Great groove going on and I do love a Hammond. 

Going down the YT rabbit hole I also found another band called Brown Sabbath who are really good, BS but with brass! Very good lead singer too. 
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1082
    oh_pollo said:
    It's kind of genius but also the kind of thing that if you told me an AI had produced it an afternoon I would believe you.

An AI wouldn't have worked as much on the arrangement, which is what makes or breaks these sort of things. As a Sabbath and Jazz appreciator, there were several moments which made me grin - "AI" or whtaever we're calling it today would struggle to understand the joke, let alone attempt to riff on it, imo.

I do know what you mean re: the increasingly saturated novelty genre-bending covers output which seems to grow every year. Sabbath is a particular victim of this. Uninspired covers are the worst!

Thanks @RickLucas.
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong