Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Partially filling humbucker route for singlecoil? - Making & Modding Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Partially filling humbucker route for singlecoil?

What's Hot
Can’t find much, if any, information on this online so thought I’d consult the oracle.

I’m making a Frankenstein VH tribute thing and the body I have is HSH routed - I’d like the neck routing to be a singlecoil. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to partially fill the neck humbucker cavity to get the desired effect? 

NB it’ll be relic’d as well so neatness isn’t a huge concern. 

By the same token if anyone has a white Strat volume/tone knob and a dead lever type switch and would part with them I’d be happy to buy!

Thank you!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• WezVWezV Frets: 15793
    You can plug it with new wood then re-route for the single coil.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    There used to be an Internet seller offering an EVH Frankenstein routing template. I cannot remember his name.

jdbwales said:
    if anyone has a white Strat volume/tone knob and a dead lever type switch and would part with them I’d be happy to buy!
    How white (or discoloured) do you need the control knob to be? Three-way switch or five-way?
    Be seeing you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 2884
    Message me your address and Ill bung a switch and knob in the mail

I see to remember the VH being quite rough and ready, I be inclined to cut up a scratchplate t cover the HB hole
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• jdbwalesjdbwales Frets: 281
    paulnb57 said:
    Message me your address and Ill bung a switch and knob in the mail

I see to remember the VH being quite rough and ready, I be inclined to cut up a scratchplate t cover the HB hole
    Ah man that’s awesome of you, thanks - will drop you a message now! Yeah that’s the joy of the EVH painting, it doesn’t need to be glassy and precise!
  • rprrpr Frets: 302