Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). 25K Log (audio) Pot for Musicman amp - Making & Modding Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

25K Log (audio) Pot for Musicman amp

I've recently done some work on a Musicman 112 RP-65 combo (mostly a recap) and only outstanding issue is that the Volume control goes from off to full volume between 0-4 and doesn't do much between 4-10.

This is the circuit fragment:

I strongly suspect a log pot would sort this out, but I'm struggling to find one.

The original is a CTS solid shaft, like this:

The only similar 25k Log solid shaft pots I can find are Bourns, and the only place I can find them is Mouser, but they have a £14.40 shipping charge for orders under £33.

Does anyone know of an alternative source?

Thanks,

R.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    I’ve probably got one as long as you don’t mind it being used/salvaged. I’ll have a look later.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 2922
    ICBM said:
    I’ve probably got one as long as you don’t mind it being used/salvaged. I’ll have a look later.
    Not at all, that would be great. :smiley: 

R.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    OK, the good news is that I've got a 1978 CTS 25K Log solid shaft. The bad news is that the bushing/thread is shorter - 1/4" as opposed to what looks like 3/8" on yours. It's also not in great physical condition, the ground terminal has been soldered to the casing and it's a bit scruffy (but does work).

However... given that they're both CTS of the same era, it's very likely to be possible to take apart both pots and replace the trackboard on yours with mine, so making yours into the correct Log pot :).

If that sounds good, I'll send it!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 2922
    ICBM said:
    OK, the good news is that I've got a 1978 CTS 25K Log solid shaft. The bad news is that the bushing/thread is shorter - 1/4" as opposed to what looks like 3/8" on yours. It's also not in great physical condition, the ground terminal has been soldered to the casing and it's a bit scruffy (but does work).

However... given that they're both CTS of the same era, it's very likely to be possible to take apart both pots and replace the trackboard on yours with mine, so making yours into the correct Log pot :).

If that sounds good, I'll send it!
    That sounds good to me - I'm sure I can make it work somehow.

I'll DM you.

R.