Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Adding to the collection - Acoustics Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Adding to the collection

What's Hot
ZonularZonular Frets: 61
So I have a lovely faith slope shoulder all mahogany dreadnought.

I'm tempted by a OM model for more fingerpicking, if I was looking to keep the budget to about 1000 what would you guys suggest?

I have been eyeing up yamahas
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• ChoivertChoivert Frets: 45
    Are you thinking new or second hand? I think the £1000 mark is a bit of a transitionary point. There are some wonderful new guitars under that mark but there are also some really really nice second hand guitars at that value, ones that will hold their value if you do wish to sell later on. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TheMadMickTheMadMick Frets: 213
    If you could stretch your budget, I have a Larrivee OM3 that I could let you have at a very good price. I need the space for an Avalon I have on order. PM me if interested.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ZonularZonular Frets: 61
    @TheMadMick stuff to shift first, this more the admission that I don't need the electric stuff as I'm not playing out
  • ShadowShadow Frets: 58
    I'm very happy with my Furch Blue OM-CM. Costs just under £1000
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7202
    Eastman
  • I would say Furch. You can  buy the cheapest Furch for this, and bear in mind this sort of price point is the company's main bread and butter, in the same way £300 is for Alvarez or £2000+ is for Martin.

But, as ever always try before buying.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 1715
    Eastman. 

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Going to start playing some Eastman and furch oms next chance I get!
  • PCT57PCT57 Frets: 26
    Ooof another forum to frequent aswell!!
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 5625
    PCT57 said:
    Not available to non-members (that bit of the forum)
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2022
    Zonular said:
    Going to start playing some Eastman and furch oms next chance I get!
    Might be harder to find, but Dowina would be worth a look, too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    I'll keep in mind
  • PCT57PCT57 Frets: 26
    goldtop said:
    PCT57 said:
    Not available to non-members (that bit of the forum)
    If anyone is interested I can PM him with your contact details.