Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Gary Moore and Scott Gorham - Music Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Gary Moore and Scott Gorham

What's Hot
rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1324
https://youtu.be/4QJl67JwktA

This popped up up on my yt feed this evening 

Wonderful stuff and chemistry for years oozing from the screen
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    I've never liked Thin Lizzy to be honest but that was pretty cool. Scott playing a strat??? Gary was one of my guitar heroes.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 15603
    I think Scott went with strat style guitars for quite a long time from 21 Guns in the early nineties onwards. He’s one of those guitarists you can’t really say is under rated because guitarists know the name and he’s played some big gigs but on the other hand people rarely seem to mention him. 

The sound on that clip seems off but the whole One Night in Dublin I liked a lot when I saw it. 
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • RedlesterRedlester Frets: 1072
    Gary's really going for this one. I love the bloke's playing but I think this is one of those clips that capture the heart, soul and fire in his style in real balance. Yeah, I know it's one of the most 'worked out in advance' solo sections you're going to get- but you can really see Gary digging deep during the 'Irish jig' section so he nails it. Fiddle tunes on the guitar ain't easy! 

Such an inspiration. 

FWIW, I recall a guitar magazine from several years back (first decade of the 2000s probably) when Scott Gorham was playing those Strats. I think he said something about liking how you can mod them and also being lighter than the Les Pauls he had been playing. 

(BTW- there's another video of Lizzy doing Black Rose in the early 80s- I think it might be the Scott/ Snowy White lineup- there are a few issues with the jig section, and it segues into a drum solo. I'm not knocking anyone involved in that lineup on that night- but I guess it highlights what a tricky bit of guitar playing the whole thing is.) 
  • JayceeJaycee Frets: 263
    Thanks for posting the clip, Gary Moores vocal is not to dissimilar to Phils in some parts
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    Jaycee said:
    Thanks for posting the clip, Gary Moores vocal is not to dissimilar to Phils in some parts
    I think you're right, Gary probably started developing confidence in his singing during the time he was working with Phil, I'd guess.  They sang well together, as shown in this older clip which was posted in another thread recently (both Gary and Scott had much better hair then...)

• sev112sev112 Frets: 2457
    Thanks, excellent clip.
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 885
    I really enjoyed that. I’m not an avid watcher of live videos, but this still kept my interest all the way through.