Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Ernie Ball Musicman EVH ***Withdrawn*** - Guitars £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Ernie Ball Musicman EVH ***Withdrawn***

What's Hot
rotiusrotius Frets: 130
edited September 2023 in Guitars £
Ernie Ball Musicman EVH. Rare hard tail fixed bridge version.

One of two hundred red hard tails ever made.
This is one of the last ones made, leaving the factory on August 29th 1995. 

This guitar is in exceptional condition. Crucially the original trans red finish has not faded at all. It is deep, rich and lustrous!
The quilted top is extremely striking, and unique! A lot of these had flamed tops as opposed to quilted.
The Birdseye maple neck is highly figured too!

Please be aware of the following:
This is by no means a case queen, hence it is not without the odd ding or mark! The worst of which is on the back edges, but none of them are through the paint, hence no bare wood showing. They are merely marks or dings!
The top of the guitar is pretty much blemish free! There is the odd very light impression if you look super closely in the light, but the top has no dings or marks of note. 

Please also be aware that it has been refretted with Dunlop 6100 frets (original frets included), a new bone nut fitted (old plastic nut included) and a new pot fitted (old one included).

New frets have zero wear, as I have ‘collected/stored’ this red EVH as I tend to play another one (trans purple) that I have!
As a result of the above works, this EVH is good for the next 28 years of its life!

Original case included. No case candy. 

Price - Offers over £4K

Might take trade(s)   +/- money either way!

Please check my feedback thread here on Fretboard, also listed for sale on eBay if you need further provenance!

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• rotiusrotius Frets: 130
    Bump

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 22257
    That is absolutely beautiful.

You might want to say where you are - nobody's going to bank transfer that amount without coming to see it first.

(I'm going to buy a lottery ticket!)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Just looking peoples opinion on the pricing of these original EBMM EVH guitars! Please give me your opinion on my price tag of £3995. Please don't take a cheap shot and simply criticise it, do a bit of research and base your opinion on current asking and selling prices worldwide. Am I asking too much, too little, about right? As a collector and owner of a number of them, I'm genuinely curious as to what the current actual market value really is!
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2016
    As an owner of an Axis Super sport I can say that these guitars are indeed excellent, however when you get to a more significant price bracket I think you move towards collectors rather than everyday players, and with this particular guitar probably even more focused towards EVH fans as well which narrows the market a bit,.

Clearly the current financial market means folks don't have so much disposable income which isnt helping, so in theory this could be £3k and still not sell....not because its not worth it.

Even research is tricky as sales a few and far between really so very hard to price.

Market values right now are pretty easy...if you get zero interest in all the usual places....its too much for todays market.

I dont believe You can never sell anything at what you believe is the right price, this is dictated by the amount of potential buyers.

Trades would most likely offer some more options, and maybe a way get closer to the final figure.

Good Luck either way...nice guitar ;-) 

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 2921
    If you've got more than one you obviously know the market for these -  a lot of people not pulling the trigger on anything at the moment. An amber quilt version has been a bucket list guitar for me since I first saw the Poundcake video on Raw Power... but they're now well out of reach.  
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I suspect the fact it’s a hard tail isn’t helping you as whilst it is rare, it may be more for the EVH completists rather than appealing to a more broad set of EVH fans which would have maintained a higher value.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BowksBowks Frets: 392
    You're asking a fair price for the guitar, but I'd say the market isn't moving too well for these guitars. Maybe pack it away and wait for the market to pick up a litlle.

Music Man pricing is generally all over the shop right now. Cannot believe some of the prices people are asking. 
    Thanks guys for all your input! Lots of very valid opinion throughout! 
    Back up for sale with price drop and trades considered!