Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). *sold* Rift Americana LP £1000 - Amps £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

*sold* Rift Americana LP £1000

slugeliseslugelise Frets: 106
edited September 2023 in Amps £
Sold to yet another fretboard owner!

Lack of use makes me question why I have this, until I play it. So grab it while I l'm not playing it. Bought from someone here. Original reverb listing below. Photo is current. 5e3/champ with valve spring tank reverb 

This was custom built for me to include a half power mode for home use.It is a Fender Deluxe style amp with one normal and one bright input and the inclusion of a foot switchable spring reverb. Hand built by Rift Amplification with all point to point wiring. Valve complement is 2 x 6v6, 1 x 12ay7, 1 x 12at7, 1 x ecc83 and 1 x 5y3 rectifier.
It's a Rift Americana LP with a power rating of around 14watts and I had it custom built with a half power switch by pulling out the tone control knob.
The speaker is a Wharehouse Black and Blue. excellent condition having only been used at home"

It comes with the footwswitch for the reverb and the little brown guide book from Chris and amp cover.

Collection only south Manchester.

0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• slugeliseslugelise Frets: 106
    *bump*
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • *Aaron**Aaron* Frets: 72
    Absolute bargain..... fantastic amp
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 8492
    Can vouch for how great the half power modes are on Chris's amps.Incredibly useful for home/studio use
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7236
    edited July 2023
    Wow. That’s cheap! 
    These are spectacular amps!!!!
    I’m looking at my one right now.  Wouldn’t sell it for twice that price ;)
  • That's a lot of amp for the money.
  • Sevenof9Sevenof9 Frets: 152
    Agreed, a bloody marvellous amp and a brilliant price too, I can also vouch for @slugelise as a top person to deal with btw, GLWTS
    bump
  • MagicBusMagicBus Frets: 104
    PM’d
    Less is more
  • MagicBusMagicBus Frets: 104
    Oops you’re collection only, 
    Less is more
    MagicBus said:
    Oops you’re collection only, 
    we can talk about shipping. I just worry if you are buying a high value item, its better to come and try it and make sure you are happy first, rather than paying money to some random stranger and then risking being ripped off. I wont, and its perfect, but then I would say that.

• mattacjonesmattacjones Frets: 472
    Have you got any examples of what it sounds like? There's nothing on the web apart from an andertons video which folks say doesn't do it justice. 

Have you got any examples of what it sounds like? There's nothing on the web apart from an andertons video which folks say doesn't do it justice. 

strat, les paul or tele?
  • mattacjonesmattacjones Frets: 472
    Strat and or les paul
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5092

I had an Americana on order when I first heard that Andertons video and was ready to pick a different amp afterwards. I had a chat with Chris about it, he totally put my fears to bed and I can 100% vouch that these amps sound nothing like that video! 

They are packed full of Tweedy goodness and have a response that’s faster and more alive than any other amp I’ve played. 
  • Sevenof9Sevenof9 Frets: 152
    100% agree Dazza, tons of tweedy goodness and super articulate and touch sensitive, one of Chris’s best (mind you they’re all top notch)
    GLWTS
    rift have an ex demo/long term loan LP up for sale at £1800, making this an utter bargain. New is now £2699.
    bump
    Bump
  • Weekend bump
  • anyone?
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5092
    This really should be long gone. I think much nicer to play than all the obvious and lazy options