Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Mo Foster - Tributes Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Mo Foster

What's Hot
HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15657
tae be or not tae be
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15657
    You have him somewhere in your collection :)
    tae be or not tae be
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • bertiebertie Frets: 12145
    is he not still breathing ?  (well according to the wiki page,  there's no obituary date/section ) 
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    Are you pre-empting a sad announcement here Hoots?  I'm not seeing anything on Google.
    Hootsmon said:
    You have him somewhere in your collection :)
    Michael Schenker Group, first album.  The album that made me start playing guitar (one day I hope to get beyond "start").
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7086

There are a lot of his friends on his FB page saying their farewells and someone called David Stark who has written:

"Sadly we just lost Mo early today (July 3rd) following his struggle with liver and bile duct cancer"

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister

. . . and Ray Russell has written:

"There wasn’t a gap of two days between Either Mo or I calling each other. Once he was with Frieda of ABBA in Sweden, I was in Italy with Greg Walsh we spent evenings on the phone from music to surreal humour. Fifty years has gone by from playing with Jimmy Helms in Spennymoor to now waiting by a bed side of a man brave in death.
    I held his hand, kissed him, said my goodbyes and he fell into a deep sleep. Six hours later he had slipped away hopefully to join the famous others who have left us. From now on Thunder will be laughter and rain will be tears of joy. I know I will see him, the back of his head walking somewhere but I won’t shout out, it won’t be real."

Which leaves no doubt.

I have his solo album Time to Think, which is well worth checking out.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • oh_pollooh_pollo Frets: 742
    I love his playing on Scott Walker's 'Climate of Hunter' album.

Bass on this little ditty, possibly one of the worst videos I've ever seen.

• westwest Frets: 974

Pumping and groovin ... rip Mo '

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    Well, that's sad news.  RIP.

Just remembered I've got his book Seventeen Watts?

Seventeen Watts The First Twenty Years of British Rock Guitar the  Musicians and their Stories by Mo Foster 1998-06-01 Amazoncouk Books
    Philly_Q said:

Just remembered I've got his book Seventeen Watts?

Seventeen Watts The First Twenty Years of British Rock Guitar the  Musicians and their Stories by Mo Foster 1998-06-01 Amazoncouk Books

I've got that too, lots of great anecdotes :)

• GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3293
    Sad news. Important figure in British music over decades. RIP. 
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2072
    Sad news. Came to my attention from Jeff Beck's 'There And Back' album. Had a solid groove.

It's not a competition.
  • bertiebertie Frets: 12145
    Philly_Q said:

indeed,  wiki page now updated I see. 
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 12794
    tFB Trader
    I've not found a copy of his book to read that so many go on about - Think I first became aware of Mo via Jeff Beck, but as stated above he has worked on so many other tracks with so many other artists - RIP Mo - Go and see Jeff and have a chill out and jam again
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 5849
    Sad news  :/
    As I'm primarily a bass player, I really took notice of his playing when I first started out. He was one of the big names at the time in the bass world. He really was a great player. RIP Mo.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 3950
    I first noticed him as the hired hand for the first Michael Schenker album.  And once you know the name he was everywhere.
    His book 17 Watts? was an enjoyable read too.