Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Eventide Space v IK Multimedia X Space or others? - FX Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Eventide Space v IK Multimedia X Space or others?

What's Hot
Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1255
I have the plugin versions of the Eventide Blackhole and Space, and more presets than I will ever need. 
But, with the physical pedal, e.g. Eventide Space, is it possible to stack reverbs, so reverb A is playing and you can activate reverb B so play 2 reverbs side by side. 
Same with the IK Multimedia? If so, seems like one of those might be able to do everything I need, and I can sell the individual pedals!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1255
    edited July 2023
    Source audio ventris does this but curious as to the two examples above 

Also the Hall of Fame 4 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited July 2023
    After some video watching, the HOF 4, if it's like the Flashback, could stack reverbs....
    I have a "regular" reverb pedal and a Walrus Audio Slo, which is fantastic, (so why change), but thinking a multiple reverb pedal with presets might be handier, rather than be bending down and flicking switches on the Slo etc (and forgetting my settings!).
    Not sure if any of those pedals I mentioned would have sounds like the Slo though.
    Plus, with my eyesight getting bad, even when I do bend down to look at the pedal, I'm squinting!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SunburstSunburst Frets: 96
    I have the Eventide Space pedal and it's just one reverb algorithm at a time. That said, it's a glorious thing with incredible depth. I occasionally stack it with a bit of shimmer from a Neunaber Seraphim, but that aside, the Space covers a huge amount of ground.
    @Sunburst yeah, it seems to have some really really good sounds. Maybe if I combine the Slo with something like a Space or X Space it would cover me.
  • Sorry to jump in on this but is the Space pedal any better sounding than the single algo Blackhole pedal?
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Sorry to jump in on this but is the Space pedal any better sounding than the single algo Blackhole pedal?
    Seems to have a lot more sounds. A lot. I had the Blackhole which is also a brilliant pedal.
  • SunburstSunburst Frets: 96
    @Jonathanthomas83 ; sorry, I haven't played the Blackhole pedal so can't say for sure. From what I can see and hear online though, it sounds the same as the Blackhole algorithm in the Space pedal. 
    I have just realised that none of the pedals I listed are dual reverb. You can access preset 1,2,3 etc, but I don't think you can activate preset 1 and 2 at the same time on any of them....
  • Sorry to jump in on this but is the Space pedal any better sounding than the single algo Blackhole pedal?
    Seems to have a lot more sounds. A lot. I had the Blackhole which is also a brilliant pedal.
    Sunburst said:
    @Jonathanthomas83 ; sorry, I haven't played the Blackhole pedal so can't say for sure. From what I can see and hear online though, it sounds the same as the Blackhole algorithm in the Space pedal. 
    Thanks both. I have all the Eventide plugins, which are superb. My favourite is the blackhole plugin. But because I have them, I often find myself hankering for a real physical pedal, but it never amounts to anything due to the usefulness of the plugin format!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    @Jonathanthomas83 yep I have the Blackhole and Spring plugins and they are superb, but as you say, a pedal would be nice to combine with other pedals in a live scenario. Not sure if any of the Eventide ones would get close in sound to a Walrus Audio Slo. If so, I'd consider combing a standard reverb with something with bells and whistles and ditching the Slo!
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8281
    I have just realised that none of the pedals I listed are dual reverb. You can access preset 1,2,3 etc, but I don't think you can activate preset 1 and 2 at the same time on any of them....
    The Ventris does, it can run two of its algos simultaniously via the A and B engines. In fact though I didn't go into the possibilities of it that much in the 6 months I had one, IIRC when you press and hold to get infinite sustain, it shunts you across to the other engine so the first one can just hold what's in the buffer without you losing reverb on what you play subsequently.
  • allenallen Frets: 545
    Without stating the bleedin obvious the Eventide H90 can stack any 2 algorithms either in series or parallel. Plus you get about 60 other algos including delay, pitch-shifting etc.

Bit pricey though.
    allen said:
    Without stating the bleedin obvious the Eventide H90 can stack any 2 algorithms either in series or parallel. Plus you get about 60 other algos including delay, pitch-shifting etc.

Bit pricey though.
    Indeed it is pricey. So is the Eventide Space. Toying with the idea of saving for one next year, but seems like an awful lot of money.
  • allen said:

Bit pricey though.
    Indeed it is pricey. So is the Eventide Space. Toying with the idea of saving for one next year, but seems like an awful lot of money.

I've just got a H90 & its kicked off a meris LVX, ph2, flanger, gonkulator & tubescreamer like pedal so has paid for itself and does so much more on top, do feel like I need a morningstar to really get its full capabilites out, then it becomes a serious preset multifx
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12324
    There was a pedal you could buy that was basically just a VST host in stomp format. I forget the name, but I bet that would work perfectly.