Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Ben Wasser inspired build... - Making & Modding Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Ben Wasser inspired build...

So for my second attempt at building something I took A LOT of inspiration from Ben Wasser...

This one wasn't built out of an old chopping board as my first attempt was, I bought a couple of cheap Sapele blanks to experiment with. 

It was again a learning curve - a few bits I'm not 100% happy with. I learned more stuff along the way.

The neck is off a vintage - which I really like, it's the second one I managed to pick up second hand. 
The pick up is a Bare Knuckle Mule which is really nice.

I learned more about routing pickups, using templates, making scratch plates and got to practice my relic style finish. 

All painted with Montana Gold spray so quick and easy - but turned out quite nice.

And it in the end I still have all my fingers and a surprising playable guitar. I'm enjoying single pickup guitars. 

anyhow here's some pics...

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2022
    That's really nice, excellent work  =)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8108
    I like to see people experiment with different designs. What have you learned about this one?
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • markblackmarkblack Frets: 1534
    @Roland I learned that i should make a body template to make life easier, getting the sides nice and straight on an angular guitar is a challenge.

Making scratch plates is all about getting the template right! 

Cheap tort material is horrible... Hench i sprayed it and reliced it. 

@Dave_Mc cheers!