Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Alan Arkin - Tributes Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Alan Arkin

What's Hot
HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15657
Liked this guy  :)
tae be or not tae be
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15657
    Catch 22 Yossarian
    tae be or not tae be
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Oh wow, I just rewatched "So I Married an Axe Murderer" last night as well. He was funny in that movie, even though he only had 3 scenes or so. RIP. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3178
    That's sad news - Little Miss Sunshine for me.

RIP
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 1715
    I liked him in Catch 22. Don't know what else he did though. 

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BlueingreenBlueingreen Frets: 2506
    I was a big fan of The Kominsky Method. He was great in that. Must have been one of the last things he did.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • AK99AK99 Frets: 1334
    ^ Yeah, Loved him in the Kominsky Method. 
    Super actor. Sad to hear.
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3841
    Sad news, indeed..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    Great actor. He was always about the character in the film, nothing to do with the actor. RIP.
  • Great actor
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    Kebabkid said:
    That's sad news - Little Miss Sunshine for me.

I liked that film.  And much earlier in his career, Wait Until Dark and Freebie and the Bean.  Great character actor.

RIP
  • pruddprudd Frets: 593
    He was a great actor, and I think an underrated one.

RIP
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 1966
    Glengarry Glen Ross, Little Miss Sunshine, Freebie and the Bean and Catch 22  are classics but as someone else mentioned his scene stealing performance in So, I married an axe murderer is fantastic. 
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 23224
    Ar go fuck yourself.
    Humans are destructive parasites that will destroy the celestial oasis of Earth.  The sooner Homo Sapiens are extinct, the better.
  • westwest Frets: 974
    Great actor .... loved him in 13 conversations about one thing ..... recomend it !

"fortune smiles at some and laughs at others ..."  Rip ...
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3841
    west said:
    Great actor .... loved him in 13 conversations about one thing ..... recomend it !

"fortune smiles at some and laughs at others ..."  Rip ...
    Cheers! I’ve got it in mind to have a bit of an Arkin binge, soon, and I’ll add that to the list..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.