Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Delicious new ThorpyFx pedal - FX Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Delicious new ThorpyFx pedal

What's Hot
hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1790
Just been launched 
Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    edited June 2023
    Univibe... NICE!

Of course this gives me a dilemma between this and the Origin Magma

( FYI @ThorpyFX there's something funny in the font sizes in the 3rd paragraph on my screen - Safari 16.2 on MacOS)

https://thorpyfx.com/collections/thorpyfx-pedals/products/er-2-uni-vibe

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1012
    Hell yeah
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1790
    Univibe... NICE!

( FYI @ThorpyFX there's something funny in the font sizes in the 3rd paragraph on my screen - Safari 16.2 on MacOS)

https://thorpyfx.com/collections/thorpyfx-pedals/products/er-2-uni-vibe

Buy both lol 
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6199

No.....not yet!
    The ER-2 sounds great though! Congratulations Adrian. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DoctorXDoctorX Frets: 291
    Is there no way of changing the speed of the vibe with your foot? I can’t see an expression pedal jack and the knobs look like they’re recessed?
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6038
    tFB Trader
    Univibe... NICE!

thanks, i hadn't noticed... all sorted now 

Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    ThorpyFX said:
    Univibe... NICE!

thanks, i hadn't noticed... all sorted now 

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    edited June 2023 tFB Trader
    DoctorX said:
    Is there no way of changing the speed of the vibe with your foot? I can’t see an expression pedal jack and the knobs look like they’re recessed?
    there is not. putting big knobs on potentiometers and using feet is a recipe for breaking the shaft off (oooh err). we wanted maximum flexibility coupled with a small size for this one.. 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 6976
    Niiiiice
    "Congratulations on being officially the most right anyone has ever been about anything, ever." -- Noisepolluter knows the score
  • Looks great! Very interested - the demos in the dark demo says the volume knob is like a mix knob. Is this that right?
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 8918
    Love it Ade.

Love the black look with the text too.
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 1965
    Looks amazing.  Is this a full on production model or do I need to move quickly before they run out ??? 
    tFB Trader
    Fishboy7 said:
    Looks amazing.  Is this a full on production model or do I need to move quickly before they run out ??? 
    In all honesty… we haven’t decided. They are fairly intense to build and so there needs to be a decision made our end. 
  • DuploLicksDuploLicks Frets: 162
    Can someone advise the difference between a Deep Oggin & the ER-2 which are both on the surface for an ignoramus like me, chorus / vibrato pedals? 

Is there a strong Venn overlap or am I missing something? 

In saying this, I have the DO & love it :)
    tFB Trader
    Can someone advise the difference between a Deep Oggin & the ER-2 which are both on the surface for an ignoramus like me, chorus / vibrato pedals? 

well. Now youve opened a can of worms..

strictly speaking a univibe is closer to a phaser than it is to a chorus. So the Deep Oggin sounds very different to the ER-2.  A univibe style pedal shifts the phase of the incoming signal whereas a chorus shifts the time of the signal and then mixes the delayed signal back in to give you a chorus (two signals) effect. Also the deep oggin can do vibrato which is a time delayed signal with no dry signal mixed in.

the pulse doppler is a phaser and that adjusts the phase of the signal but has a number of phase shifting stages and other controls to make the sound infinitely craftable.   the Er-2 aims to create classic univibe sounds and offer more control within that style of pedal...

all three are different, all sound awesome.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1790
    ThorpyFX said:

strictly speaking a univibe is closer to a phaser than it is to a chorus. So the Deep Oggin sounds very different to the ER-2.  A univibe style pedal shifts the phase of the incoming signal whereas a chorus shifts the time of the signal and then mixes the delayed signal back in to give you a chorus (two signals) effect. Also the deep oggin can do vibrato which is a time delayed signal with no dry signal mixed in.

the pulse doppler is a phaser and that adjusts the phase of the signal but has a number of phase shifting stages and other controls to make the sound infinitely craftable.   the Er-2 aims to create classic univibe sounds and offer more control within that style of pedal...

Crikey is this stuff all going around in your head Adrian lol. Mind boggling 
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 22257

Easy.

Univibe is one of the coolest effects ever.

Chorus, unless you are Andy Summers or Zakk Wylde is horrible and should be against the law.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    tFB Trader
    ThorpyFX said:

yeah the inside of my head is a s***show
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 22257
    ThorpyFX said:
    ThorpyFX said:

yeah the inside of my head is a s***show

Thorpe! Why are you staring? Shut that thing down!

Sorry boss - I know it's a bomb, but that timing circuit is giving me ideas....
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Alex2678Alex2678 Frets: 909
    I loved my Pulse Doppler but moved it on to chase a more classic Vibe sound. Shit I want this
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30022
    Andy seems to be genuinely enjoying this one.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • pedalopedalo Frets: 177
    First pedal I’ve bought in a long time. Can’t wait to try it! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DuploLicksDuploLicks Frets: 162

Easy.

Univibe is one of the coolest effects ever.

Chorus, unless you are Andy Summers or Zakk Wylde is horrible and should be against the law.
    It’s how you use it. A sprinkling is very pleasing but maybe it’s that’s the univibe coming through that I didn’t know I needed. Oh no….
  • pedalopedalo Frets: 177
    This one is a total keeper. Very happy with it on both settings. 
  • NCoNCo Frets: 44
    pedalo said:

Did you manage to get some regular chorus sounds out of it?
  • Alex2678Alex2678 Frets: 909
    NCo said:
    pedalo said:

Did you manage to get some regular chorus sounds out of it?
    Not to patronise if you already know but the ‘chorus’ labelling is historic and not what it really does, it’s a Univibe which is a kind of phaser
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1012
    I want one soooo much