Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Replacing an Epiphone Bridge - Making & Modding Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Replacing an Epiphone Bridge

What's Hot
impmannimpmann Frets: 12286
edited June 2023 in Making & Modding
I have an Epi Dot that is quite nice - even nicer now it has a Monty's loom and OX4 pickups. 

However, the standard fit bridge has some sympathetic rattles that piss me off. I could just buy another quite cheaply but wondered about fitting something a little better in terms of build quality. Has anyone fitted any of the 'upgrade' parts available in the aftermarket to a Epi and if so - what has been your thoughts? What did you fit? Worth they money? No improvement? Night n day? 

All opinions welcomed.

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• I've never had a problem with anything from Gotoh. I use a lot of their parts, I even find their locking tremolo is better than a genuine Floy Rose personally. Other options are Tonepros and Grover, though I've never used either of their bridges. I'm sure someone who has could offer input. 
    Self proclaimed Luthier and guitar building addict, professional man-cave dweller Website . Facebook . Instagram . YouTube
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    Er, have you tried the bridge the other way around (intonation screws towards the nut)?

Somebody I used to know attempted to eliminate rattles from a genuine Gibson bridge by filling the air gaps with shellac. (Task performed off the guitar!) This looked terrible but seemed to do what he wanted.
    Be seeing you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12286
    Er, have you tried the bridge the other way around (intonation screws towards the nut)?

Somebody I used to know attempted to eliminate rattles from a genuine Gibson bridge by filling the air gaps with shellac. (Task performed off the guitar!) This looked terrible but seemed to do what he wanted.
    Yup - it was the other way round as bought, so I flipped it as that solved a rattle for me once. It didn’t work here.

Thanks for the advice, all. 

The gotoh looks favourite currently. However, Has anyone fitted Faber stuff to something this lowly and if so, was it worth the extra? 
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter