Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Vintage 1964 Epiphone Sorrento, Royal Olive Sunburst, MINT! PRICE DROP £2250! - Guitars £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Vintage 1964 Epiphone Sorrento, Royal Olive Sunburst, MINT! PRICE DROP £2250!

What's Hot
jumping@shadowsjumping@shadows Frets: 1181
edited July 2023 in Guitars £
Up for sale is my exceptionally clean, dare I say *mint condition* 1964 Epiphone Sorrento in stunning ‘Royal Olive’ sunburst  finish, 100% stock throughout, with its’ equally clean original soft shell case. 

This is a truly wonderful guitar marrying the featherweight comfort of a ES330 or ES125, but featuring the sublime early spec nickel mini humbucker, which is every bit as toneful as any PAF, and really elevates this familiar chassis to something more refined vs it’s P90 counterparts.

I think of this model as a ‘single pickup Riviera’, as it has that same woody, punchy PAF roundness and articulation, and while I love P90s, these are the PERFECT pickup in a thin line hollow body such as this.

The finish is distinctly different to the usual Gibson/Epiphone sunburst, and actually sits closer to the rarely seen Argentine Grey with a nod to the Sliver Fox seen on some Epi solid bodies, and is supremely elegant and unique.

Again, this guitar is essentially in flawless condition- no weather checking, not a single chip, ding or blemish, and could be polished up to be truly mint with ease- truly remarkable for a 60 year old guitar!! 

This is a rare opportunity to purchase a true time capsule piece, and a simply wonderful sounding and playing guitar to boot, and rarely seen in the U.K./EU. 

With Gibson ES330, ES225, ES125 prices through the roof, the early spec Sorrento is a relative bargain, and much less common, and in the handsome Royal Olive finish significantly cooler in my book! 

Price is a keenly priced at *£2500* for perhaps the cleanest example out there. 

Please view the pics, and feel free to ask for any specifics you may need, and I’m happy to ship anywhere this needs to get to, pro packed and tracked.

Thanks for looking
0reaction image LOL 20reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• ZoonyboyZoonyboy Frets: 152
    Pretty guitar! What is the nut width?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • lustycourtierlustycourtier Frets: 3115
    Wow 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 6565
    tFB Trader
    Wow, that's in amazing condition!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    That would be a birth year guitar for me.  Not really my style, but I like the colour, most especially on the back.
  • jumping@shadowsjumping@shadows Frets: 1181
    edited June 2023
    Zoonyboy said:
    Pretty guitar! What is the nut width?
    Thanks for all the comments guys! The nut is 1 5/8”. 
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 6650
    a superb example that
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • Thanks all! Dropping the price to £2500, which ‘leaves money on the table’, as they say..
  • Andy_StringsAndy_Strings Frets: 159
    I had to do a double take!  I have a 1961 Sorrento, also olive green, also near mint but mine has the trem (there were 9 made in 61).  They are fantastic guitars and in that condition, it's a really good price. GLWTS
    'There are plenty more guitars in the sea'
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Bumping this with a price drop to £2250, an absolute steal for this guitar in this condition! There’s close to £2k of mint parts on here, so truly a no brainer. 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 5837
    What's the neck profile like? Does it match the slimmer profile Gibson used on their 60's 125T?
  • JezWynd said:
    What's the neck profile like? Does it match the slimmer profile Gibson used on their 60's 125T?
    It’s a 1 5/8” nut, and pretty chunky- has some good shoulders on the D shaped neck 
  • Bumping this up! 
  • DominicDominic Frets: 15285
    lovely old school guitar .....superb condition
  • Bumping this up again- find a cleaner example! 
  • I love my '61, if I could justify having a pair.... I would.
    'There are plenty more guitars in the sea'
  • So where did you get a time machine?