Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). tc Ampworx - FX Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

tc Ampworx

What's Hot
EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 15603
https://youtu.be/ZvboSNSdjsU
$149 at Sweetwater 

I think it’s a nice simple feature set for anyone after an ampinabox type pedal. DI out with an appropriate IR, headphone out,etc.  

I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6304
    Look like a cool option to keep in your bag but on a slight tangent, MIAB pedals seem to have become their own thing where what they sound like they are aping is a good MIAB pedal, not an actual Marshall amp.

'MIAB' seems to be its own thing now. 

I went through about 20-30 of them at all price points over the last 5-6 years and then I got a Marshall and not one of them sounded like it reeaally. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • YorkieYorkie Frets: 934
    Are these clones of the joyos.

Ducks for cover.
    Adopted northerner with Asperger syndrome. I sometimes struggle with empathy and sarcasm – please bear with me.   
    My trading feedback: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/210335/yorkie

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 15603
    £129 UK price at the moment.

If they were Joyo clones (which were Tech 21 clones I think) people generally liked them and these have quite a few more features so that wouldn't be terrible. It does feel like Joyo missed a trick by not coming out with an American Sound, etc, mark II with switchable speaker simulation and a sexier look. Minimal changes and charge £30 more. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3543
    These look good for the money.  Might get one for my board for headphone use. You can use without cab sim so could also be good into an amp.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2100
    These looks and sound pretty damn good (in the demos).

I might try the DC30. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • AntonHunterAntonHunter Frets: 837
    edited June 2023

If they were Joyo clones (which were Tech 21 clones I think) people generally liked them and these have quite a few more features so that wouldn't be terrible. It does feel like Joyo missed a trick by not coming out with an American Sound, etc, mark II with switchable speaker simulation and a sexier look. Minimal changes and charge £30 more. 
    Exactly. Stick a headphone out on the American Sound and I'd buy one straight away. Add an XLR and I'd buy two.
  • DdiggerDdigger Frets: 2239
    edited July 2023
    Anyone bought one of these (specifically the JTM 45 one)?

Are you running them into the front of the amp or into the FX return?

£129 seems a very reasonable price.  Bax are doing them for £121.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2100
    I do like the idea of a simple amp sim, but I can’t see it being better than the options in a HX Stomp, so saving myself the money!
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3543
    I am really tempted by the DC30. Two channels, plus a “green overdrive” to boost. DI out to record, for small gigs or as an amp back up, headphone out for practice and the option to use without the cab sim into my Fender amp to give me some Voxy sounds… that’s quite a lot for £129.
    Ddigger said:

The Vox one has a boost so I think that feature makes it less ideal for running in an FX loop? 

This answers a question I had, so you can use it as a two channel pre amp plus extra feature or as a single channel on/off pre-amp (an overdrive in effect). 

https://youtu.be/6aCe9WmhH_w

I don’t see these coming up on pro/ expensive boards but for home use and anyone relying on shared backline the feature set seems really useful. 
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 2884
    Ddigger said:

I got the JTM one in the mail today and have so far run it into the front end of my Orange Crush Pro 120, Im not overly keen..
    Ive tried Marshall offerings before and they are not really me….
    I prefer the Orange…

Out of interest how would you use it in the fx loop? Out into return or DI into return?

If you want it fairly cheap pm me….

I wonder if they will clone more in the range?…

Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• timbuk02timbuk02 Frets: 250
    looks like there are at least another three 'amp models' coming sometime,
    can see them in this pic from a TGP thread (its not a video, just a still)

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17108
    tFB Trader
    paulnb57 said:
    Ddigger said:

I got the JTM one in the mail today and have so far run it into the front end of my Orange Crush Pro 120, Im not overly keen..
    I prefer the Orange…

Out of interest how would you use it in the fx loop? Out into return or DI into return?

You want it into the FX return.

Amp Sims into preamp generally sounds bad.
    paulnb57 said:
    Ddigger said:

I prefer the Orange…

@monquixote ;as these can be used in two channel rhythm/lead mode (and the Vox type one also has a built in boost) doesn't that make them unsuitable for use in the FX return? I thought you weren't supposed to use boosts in the loop? You could still use them in the loop but have to limit their functionality. 
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17108
    tFB Trader
    paulnb57 said:
    Ddigger said:

I prefer the Orange…

@monquixote ;as these can be used in two channel rhythm/lead mode (and the Vox type one also has a built in boost) doesn't that make them unsuitable for use in the FX return? I thought you weren't supposed to use boosts in the loop? You could still use them in the loop but have to limit their functionality. 

People use boosts in the loop all the time. It's the only way to get a lift in a high gain amp.

Also this is basically replacing the pre amp so it's a bit different.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    paulnb57 said:
    Ddigger said:

I prefer the Orange…

People use boosts in the loop all the time. It's the only way to get a lift in a high gain amp.

Also this is basically replacing the pre amp so it's a bit different.
    Ahh, cheers. 
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 6976
    Did anyone else think the Andertons demo particularly of the JTM45 one sounded awful? 
    "Congratulations on being officially the most right anyone has ever been about anything, ever." -- Noisepolluter knows the score
  • GroggenGroggen Frets: 0

Not at all clones of anything but the original old amps, modeled in detail at TC in Denmark! There is a behind the scenes video where the TC team celebrates the launch, play some of the Ampworx, and also gives some stories behind them. Check it out, it is pretty interesting to look "inside" TC like that.
  • I've just got the 550 version of one of these, modelled on the 5150.

Bloody hell the red channel has so much gain, and then when you kick the boost in - wow.

Sounds great. And the green channel is surprisingly tame and good for putting other dirt pedals ahead of. 

• Think TC has also released a firmware update already!
  • Think TC has also released a firmware update already!
    Yes I did the update before I set up the pedal. Perhaps I should have tried it before to compare.