Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). High Wycombe Jam 2023 - Events Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

High Wycombe Jam 2023

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• Happy to help out with a set list. If that's what's wanted.

More interested in playing than gear.
    It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • westfordwestford Frets: 514
    I don’t have gear to show off, was just hoping to meet some people and strum along (badly) to some tunes. Could also do some (basic!) drumming and vocals if needed.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2198
    edited August 2023
    Count me in for some rhythm playing too. Got gear but probably not worth bringing along. Also, my son plays bass if we are short.
  • So 30 Sep is nearing fast, or do we move it to 21st/28th October? 

West Star studio?

If we get 4-5 definites for a gear fest we can book a room for that to start with.

@jalapeno
    @themarlin
    @dazzaj
    @dominic

Anyone want to volunteer to co-ordinate the jam side of things? 

• Sorry, I’m already committed elsewhere on the 30th   

Happy to drop off kit with a local member to enjoy on the day. Really sorry, but unavoidable. 

• Sorry I'm committed on 30th. 

21st October is good for me though. 
  • Happy to help out with a set list. If that's what's wanted.

@Winny_Pooh Stratman has kindly offered already and he is excellent at it as he's organised the jam setlists for the Bristol Jam sessions for the last couple of years so comes highly recommended. 

Would he great to have a Gearfest also as there seems to be lot of interest. 
  • Neilybob said:
    Happy to help out with a set list. If that's what's wanted.

@Winny_Pooh Stratman has kindly offered already and he is excellent at it as he's organised the jam setlists for the Bristol Jam sessions for the last couple of years so comes highly recommended. 

Would he great to have a Gearfest also as there seems to be lot of interest. 

Yes I'm happy to help with a song list, even if it ends up that I can't make the actual jam, as my availablity is more uncertain since my old band started gigging again.

Do we use the same approach as for the Bristol jam? Unless anyone has any better ideas.

It's not a competition.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 15285
    Sadly not around on 30th ............forgot all about it to be honest
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    I had assumed that as no one was organising this that it was not going ahead. Sorry not able to attend next week or in October.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • Let’s reorganise for early November. Happy to help and get involved.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TheMarlin said:
    Let’s reorganise for early November. Happy to help and get involved.  
    Let's do
  • allenallen Frets: 545
    I'm still game. 
  • For the Bristol jam, we started a song list by nominating up to three songs each, for those that want to play.

If anyone needs any ideas for songs, there's a list for the Bristol jam at the the end of the thread at the link below.

https://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/247860/western-jam-7th-october-2023-firebird-studios-bristol/p1

It's not a competition.
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 505
    Its time to make a new thread to get this ball rolling. 

So I did. 

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/255318/wycombe-high-jam-gear-fest-november-23