Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Julian Sands - Tributes Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Julian Sands

What's Hot
Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
Sadly this is not unexpected news, but it's been confirmed that Julian Sands' remains have been discovered after he went missing in the San Gabriel mountains in January this year.

Apparently he's best known for appearing in A Room With a View, but as a horror movie fan I remember him best for Warlock, Arachnophobia and Dario Argento's Phantom of the Opera.

RIP
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• RIP 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 3605
    edited June 2023
    Oh no how awful , Warlock was ace , I think he was in passenger 57 too hijacking a plane .
      Who’s in charge here , pilot says “me” sands shoots him in the head then asks “who’s in charge here “
  • Oh no how awful , Warlock was ace , I think he was in passenger 57 too hijacking a plane .
      Who’s in charge here , pilot says “me” sands shoots him in the head then asks “who’s in charge here “
    No that was Bruce Payne in Passenger 57 wasn't it? 
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    I think it's definitely how he would have wanted to go (no pisstake or sarcasm). RIP.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • RedlesterRedlester Frets: 1072
    I always got the wrong impression of him from his roles- either fey toffs, or that repellent character in the equally repellent Leaving Las Vegas. 

However, I've been following this story and he seemed like a rounded bloke. Such as shame, but as said above he was, sadly, taken doing one of the things he loved most. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 1965
    I quite liked him, despite the crap accent in Leaving Las Vegas.  

If you haven't seen 'The Painted Bird' it's definitely one worth watching, if a little harrowing.  

• OffsetOffset Frets: 9212
    I need to re-watch 'Warlock' by way of an homage.

RIP.
  • westwest Frets: 974
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    edited June 2023
    Offset said:
    I need to re-watch 'Warlock' by way of an homage.

Yeah, me too.  I haven't watched it since seeing it in the cinema when it was released!  I wonder if it's on any of the streaming channels, it seems to be semi-forgotten.

I did see Phantom of the Opera just a few weeks ago, though.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    Looks like Warlock isn't available to stream, and it's not even available on a UK Blu-ray.
    Oh no how awful , Warlock was ace , I think he was in passenger 57 too hijacking a plane .
    No that was Bruce Payne in Passenger 57 wasn't it? 
    Oddly enough, Bruce Payne took over the Warlock role for Warlock III.  So there must have been a resemblance!