Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). HX Effects boot failure Res -24 - any ideas? - Digital & Modelling Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

HX Effects boot failure Res -24 - any ideas?

What's Hot
Got this off ebay a couple of weeks ago and I wanted to see if it needs a firmware update but I can't get my PC to detect it when I plug it in. I've tried 4 USB cables. I then noticed there is an error during bootup "boot failure res -24". Not sure if these 2 things are connected...anyone had this?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• I've got an HX FX and I've had boot failures before but just need to restart the unit and worked fine.
    You might need to consult the bods on the Line 6 forums. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Got this off ebay a couple of weeks ago and I wanted to see if it needs a firmware update but I can't get my PC to detect it when I plug it in. I've tried 4 USB cables. I then noticed there is an error during bootup "boot failure res -24". Not sure if these 2 things are connected...anyone had this?
    Does a factory reset clear the error?
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 9752
    It's normally the USB socket that goes duff on these. Have a good look at the internal of the socket for damage and see it it's loose on the PCB
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • gearaddictgearaddict Frets: 875
    Got this off ebay a couple of weeks ago and I wanted to see if it needs a firmware update but I can't get my PC to detect it when I plug it in. I've tried 4 USB cables. I then noticed there is an error during bootup "boot failure res -24". Not sure if these 2 things are connected...anyone had this?
    Does a factory reset clear the error?
    Nope. Did lose all my patches though  :/
  • ewalewal Frets: 2359
    Mine has a broken USB socket. Don't think I get a boot failure message though.

The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 885
    edited July 2023
    Have you searched https://line6.com/support/index.php ? @rossyamaha maybe you can offer some advice?

Also create a support ticket (it’s free) & they will get back to you: https://line6.com/support/tickets/add.html

• gearaddictgearaddict Frets: 875
    Line 6 support said it looks like a hardware failure so would need to go to their service centre. 
  • ewalewal Frets: 2359
    Hope it's repaired under warranty. The quote I got to replace usb socket was more than unit is worth.
    The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience