Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Hilditch Handmade Guitars New Build Thread - Made in the UK Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Hilditch Handmade Guitars New Build Thread

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Thanks @Chris.B I really like how the red binding turned out, against the purple.
    Self proclaimed Luthier and guitar building addict, professional man-cave dweller Website . Facebook . Instagram . YouTube
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Here's my latest commission and first USA based order (whoop)
    24.75" scale
    Sapele body
    Maple neck
    Ebony fretboard
    Warman pickups (he's swapping to BKP he has already)
    Gotoh hardware
    Gloss PU metal flake finish 

Self proclaimed Luthier and guitar building addict, professional man-cave dweller Website . Facebook . Instagram . YouTube
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Chris.BChris.B Frets: 238
    Congratulations on the USA order, your customer is in for a real treat when they receive such a great looking guitar. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • davrosdavros Frets: 1246
    Wow, that looks great! Would you mind sharing who does your flake finishing? Looking to get one done.
  • tekbowtekbow Frets: 1569
    Now this was a guitar of many firsts for me;
    WBW binding
    Floyd Rose (genuine)
    Sustainiac
    Scalloped frets (15-27 (yep))
    Sperzel tuners

Walnut and Maple deep set tenon neck
    Meranti body for light weight
    Matte nitro finish

27" scale to fit the sustainiac because the customer wanted 27 frets haha. But this thing has toured a lot of the world in a very well known (in the scene) thrash metal band, and the guy actually has an Iceman that was owned by Sam Totman which is his backup, behind mine. We coined the model name Wayman as his name is Wayne and it's based on the Iceman (clever haha) and it's nickname is The Hate Machine

Oh fuck yes.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Thanks @Chris.B it's already delivered and I had the best email off him telling me how much he loves it
    @davros thanks, I do all my own spraying in house. I'm gonna see if I got some pics of it and do a little write up. I did such a thread for the crackle I did.
  • davrosdavros Frets: 1246
    Wow, great job! A little tutorial would be brill if you get a chance!
  • @tekbow I really like that one, had much fun making it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • tekbowtekbow Frets: 1569
    @tekbow I really like that one, had much fun making it.

It's the Iceman Ibby havent made since the J. Younger :+1:

Gorgeous thing you've built