Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). This week I are mostly... - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

This week I are mostly...

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    Brio said:
    I'm [snip] trying to decide what to do with a lambs neck and a couple of oxtails 
    Costume party! 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 3605
    Sporky said:
    roberty said:
    Enjoy your time off. I am thinking of taking a week off work for hobbies which seems a bit mad but I usually lose days by not taking them in a year 
    I missed this, sorry.

Having a week off to just do hobbies and have afternoon tea and so on is brilliant.

All the awesome of not being at work, without the stress and hassle and disruption of going away and not having your cuddly dinosaur* whenever you need him.

*other fine animals exist
    Chop is 28 years old 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 9212
    Pickle goes to the vet today for the first of her monthly injections to replace her daily dose of Metacam.  Mrs O will be taking her and I wish her the best of luck in persuading the old girl to leave the safety of the car boot when they arrive.

PTV.jpg 542.5K
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • bertiebertie Frets: 12145
    edited June 2023
    paws crossed for Pickle  - is that the Labrawhatsitcalled ?   

Winnie was on that but after two,  we stopped to see if it was having any effect,   and luckily - at £130 a shot, a month - it didnt really  - so she's back on Metacam as and when.  We had a tanker load delivered last week.  £21 for the prescription, £27 for 180ml   -  the vet charges £80
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    bertie said:

Winnie was on that but after two,  we stopped to see if it was having any effect,   and luckily - at £130 a shot, a month - it didnt really  - so she's back on Metacam as and when.  We had a tanker load delivered last week.  £21 for the prescription, £27 for 180ml   -  the vet charges £80
    Librella?
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    bertie said:

Thanks Bertie.  The lab is Ozzy :-)

Mercifully Pet Plan pay her med and vet bills.  Which is just as well as her prescription diet costs us £65 a bag :-(

She's been on Metacam for a couple of years and we've been advised to take her off it as it can cause liver damage.
  • bertiebertie Frets: 12145
    Offset said:
    bertie said:

no the injection  !!!  LOL

@ttony -  aiye that's the stuff

none of the insurance's weve ever had would cover long term/regular meds,  at lest not without making the premiums so high it just wasnt worth it. 

Luckily - Win doest seem to need the pain relief/NSAID  as much as before - so we're hoping it'll be OK
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    bertie said:
    Offset said:
    bertie said:

no the injection  !!!  LOL

@ttony -  aiye that's the stuff

none of the insurance's weve ever had would cover long term/regular meds,  at lest not without making the premiums so high it just wasnt worth it. 

Luckily - Win doest seem to need the pain relief/NSAID  as much as before - so we're hoping it'll be OK
    Paws crossed here too for Win.  I'll find out what the injection is!!!

Our premiums are fecking ridiculous - about £2500 pa for the both of them.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6284
    Put up picture, to align perfectly with furniture dimensions underneath. I did so, got told it was skew-whiff, her indoors got the tape measure out today while I was out, and has (sort of) apologised ;)

Put up 2 mirrors - delaying that as long as I can (see above).

New unexpected job as of last night - I was not in the lounge, but heard a crash and the bloody curtain rail had fallen down, pulled the screws out of the wall !   So now need to drill bigger holes in the wall, for bigger plugs, for longer screws (for which I need to make the bracket holes bigger). <grrrr>
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 14862
    today I mostly dusted off my classical and steel string and took them to a tech for a set up. Decided I'm gonna have another go at this guitar lark after a loooooong lay off. The steel string will deffo benefit from a set up the tech said, so hopefully that'll help with arthriticy hands.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

For reference, this is the dog who was only an hour or so earlier described as "quite the most charming dog I've ever met".

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    ^^ He still looks pretty good to me :-)
    Nozzle is a ladydog! How very dare you!

:D
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8108
    Morning in the garden. This year the beans are cursed with black fly. Afternoon in the workshop. Two walnut crotches turned out to be mainly sap wood, with not to have much dark wood. Disappointing. Unpacked a Hawthorn crotch that I rough turned in April to find that it has cracked in drying. More disappointment. So I centred up a piece of Rowan that has some beautiful grain … and the screw chuck snapped, leaving the screw buried in the wood. All in all a disappointing day. 
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4697
    I installed a new toilet seat as the grandchildren had broken the orevious one.

I got quite confused looking at the pictures and reading the text in the destructions, until I realised that the text described the picture below, not the picture above.  Is it me?  Text below illustration, surely?

Anyway, it's installed, and it works.

I want to replace my toilet seats. One isn't soft-close, and I forget, and the mouse is terrifying. The other is soft close but very light and flimsy-feeling.

Both work though, so it seems silly to landfill them. 
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    Sporky said:
    Sell them on eBay.

People will pay good money ....
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 23224
    This week I are mostly taking it easy.  Last week I was mostly off my tits and using a petrol chainsaw wearing nothing more than flipflops.
    Humans are destructive parasites that will destroy the celestial oasis of Earth.  The sooner Homo Sapiens are extinct, the better.
    TTony said:
    bertie said:

Librella?
    Yep, that's the badger!
    Emp_Fab said:
    This week I are mostly taking it easy.  Last week I was mostly off my tits and using a petrol chainsaw wearing nothing more than flipflops.
    I was about to have lunch but seem to have lost my appetite.

This morning we walked the dogs and I played Mars First Logistics, which looks like Sable, but is more like Trailmakers. At one point I dropped an oxygen cylinder in a particularly gnarly bit of terrain, and rather than reset the mission I built a series of little rovers to retrieve it. Take that, Mars.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    I have completed bag one (of four) of my Lego Formula 1 car. Push-rod suspension!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 23224
    Sporky said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    I was about to have lunch but seem to have lost my appetite.
    I'm ashamed to confess that this wasn't an attempt at a joke, it was the truth. 
    Humans are destructive parasites that will destroy the celestial oasis of Earth.  The sooner Homo Sapiens are extinct, the better.
    I have another week off.

I cleared and tidied the workshop at the weekend, and then added bracing to the loom bench I made for Lady BMcH - it was a bit wobbly, and is now rock-solid.

This morning I went to Surrey Timbers and bought a big of cherry for Bix-making, and some rough sawn Ash to make Lady BMcH a storage thing for the loom room.

I am also building the Lego Technic ATV, which didn't get great reviews, but was on double offer. It's rather good - very feature-dense. 
    Ooh - and I got some black palmira, which is very odd looking. 
  • TanninTannin Frets: 4394
    TTony said:
    Sporky said:
    Sell them on eBay.

People will pay good money ....
    The toilet seats?

Or the children?

• Today I am WFH but mostly because I'm feeling dizzy and have a sore throat. I am 80% through a kitchen renovation and the new counter arrives on Friday, which is excellent and LONG AWAITED... 

I am also awaiting next week's birthday with trepidation because its the last one before I hit a Big Number and I'm not sure how I feel about it. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires